DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HELP !!!!!!! I need a drive belt for an old Stanley Belt sander. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/21280-help-i-need-drive-belt-old-stanley-belt-sander.html)

molander September 27th 03 12:29 AM

HELP !!!!!!! I need a drive belt for an old Stanley Belt sander.

Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Wilson Lamb September 27th 03 12:48 AM

HELP !!!!!!! I need a drive belt for an old Stanley Belt sander.

Take it to W.W. Grainger, if you have one.
Also a car parts place can get it.
Don't bother with the number.
Wilson
m...

Traves W. Coppock September 27th 03 08:27 AM

HELP !!!!!!! I need a drive belt for an old Stanley Belt sander.

On 26 Sep 2003 16:29:59 -0700, (molander) Crawled
out of the shop and said. . .:

Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Try a link belt available at most WWing stores...they can be made any
length you like as they are made of little links

Adam[_13_] May 22nd 17 03:44 PM

HELP !!!!!!! I need a drive belt for an old Stanley Belt sander.

replying to molander, Adam wrote:
I need the same belt! Any luck finding a replacement?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...an-154755-.htm

Unquestionably Confused[_4_] May 22nd 17 06:19 PM

On 5/22/2017 9:44 AM, Adam wrote:
replying to molander, Adam wrote:
I need the same belt! Any luck finding a replacement?

For sure. When he posted this in 2003, he found a guy who had a gross
of them sitting on the shelf for $1.99 each. No big market so he
probably still has them FOURTEEN YEARS LATER, but they've all
disintegrated with dry rot!

Dr. Deb[_5_] May 22nd 17 07:15 PM

On Friday, September 26, 2003 at 6:29:59 PM UTC-5, molander wrote:
Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Marc, simply measure the belt (Length and width, V,cog, etc) which is easy now that its broken and go looking at the sites that sell belts and you will find something like http://www.vbeltsupply.com/

Call them and tell them what you need. Then post back here, as there are others wanting this belt.

Scott Lurndal May 22nd 17 07:24 PM

"Dr. Deb" writes:
On Friday, September 26, 2003 at 6:29:59 PM UTC-5, molander wrote:
Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Marc, simply measure the belt (Length and width, V,cog, etc) which is easy now that its broken and go looking at the sites that sell belts and you will find something like http://www.vbeltsupply.com/

Marc gave up after waiting fourteen years for your response.