Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bluetooth & landline telephone help please

Where can I get advice on this matter? I have a Phonak Audio hearing aid
that is Bluetooth enabled. I need a landline telephone that will pair
with it. I have tried 2 different phones, neither will pair with the
hearing aid. Where can I get help please? I have searched the net to no
avail, contacted the hearing aid manufacturer and received no response.
I need a landline phone as the mobile signal is a bit iffy also we get
fairly frequent power outages here, so a landline phone is a great help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

Where can I get advice on this matter? I have a Phonak Audio hearing aid
that is Bluetooth enabled. I need a landline telephone that will pair
with it. I have tried 2 different phones, neither will pair with the
hearing aid. Where can I get help please? I have searched the net to no
avail, contacted the hearing aid manufacturer and received no response.
I need a landline phone as the mobile signal is a bit iffy also we get
fairly frequent power outages here, so a landline phone is a great help.

Is Bluetooth turned on in the HA firmware? Can any Bluetooth device
see the hearing aid? Is there some combination of button pushes on the
HA to get it to pair? Does it need a password, usually 0000?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I have a Phonak Audio hearing aid that is Bluetooth enabled

Do you know what profile(s) the hearing aid supports?

e.g handsfree or headset, or is there a special hearing aid profile?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2019 11:30, Andy Burns wrote:
Broadback wrote:

I have a Phonak Audio hearing aid that is Bluetooth enabled

Do you know what profile(s) the hearing aid supports?

e.g handsfree or headset, or is there a special hearing aid profile?

I have followed the hearing aid manufacturers instructions to pair the
the hearing aid and telephone, it never finds it. The H A pairs fine to
a mobile phone, but I really need a line phone to connect. I am not sure
what you mean by "profile".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "profile".

The bluetooth specification provides numerous profiles e.g. "handsfree
profile", "headset profile", "advanced audio profile" if the hearing and
and phone don't have at lest one profile in common they won't communicate.

Does the hearing aid require e.g. BLE? (bluetooth low energy)

What model is it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2019 11:40, Andy Burns wrote:
Broadback wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "profile".

The bluetooth specification provides numerous profiles e.g. "handsfree
profile", "headset profile", "advanced audio profile" if the hearing and
and phone don't have at lest one profile in common they won't communicate.

Does the hearing aid require e.g. BLE? (bluetooth low energy)

What model is it?

The problem is I do not know enough to answer those questions. Except
the model which is: Phonak Audeo M90.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "profile".

The bluetooth specification provides numerous profiles e.g. "handsfree
profile", "headset profile", "advanced audio profile" if the hearing and
and phone don't have at lest one profile in common they won't communicate.

Does the hearing aid require e.g. BLE? (bluetooth low energy)

What model is it?

The problem is I do not know enough to answer those questions. Except
the model which is: Phonak Audeo M90.

What are the makes & model numbers of the phones you have tried. I
assume they are DECT cordless systems but you don't say. Do they even
have a Bluetooth facility? Most don't. Many have inductive-loop but
not Bluetooth.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2019 11:34, Broadback wrote:
I have followed the hearing aid manufacturers instructions to pair the
the hearing aid and telephone, it never finds it.

OK...

The H A pairs fine to
a mobile phone,

Ah...

but I really need a line phone to connect. I am not sure
what you mean by "profile".

What line phones have you tried and what is the HA brand and model?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2019 11:34, Broadback wrote:
I have followed the hearing aid manufacturers instructions to pair the
the hearing aid and telephone, it never finds it.

OK...

The H A pairs fine to a mobile phone,

Ah...

but I really need a line phone to connect. I am not sure what you mean
by "profile".

What line phones have you tried and what is the HA brand and model?

Make and brand of HA see previous post. As regards the telephones they
are Berkshire 600 Ag sadly I cannot remember the other one, I had a
computer breakdown and lost a lot of old files.:-((

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 14:39:58 +0000, Broadback wrote:

On 19/02/2019 11:34, Broadback wrote:
I have followed the hearing aid manufacturers instructions to pair the
the hearing aid and telephone, it never finds it.

OK...

The H A pairs fine to a mobile phone,

Ah...

but I really need a line phone to connect. I am not sure what you mean
by "profile".

What line phones have you tried and what is the HA brand and model?

Make and brand of HA see previous post. As regards the telephones they
are Berkshire 600 Ag sadly I cannot remember the other one, I had a
computer breakdown and lost a lot of old files.:-((

Have you followed the pairing instructions and call transfer instructions
as shown in
http://www.atltelecom.com/download/29,dynamic,download?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2019 18:24, David wrote:
[...]

Yes thanks DR, I have given all the information in previous posts n this
thread.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2019 09:02, Broadback wrote:
[...]

I have now received a reply from the HA manufacturers, they suggest:
Siemens Gigaset S850 Siemens Gigaset S810 Siemens Gigaset SL78H
Note exactly what I require but I suspect I will have to compromise.
anyone any comments on these of any other phones?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

[...]

I've got the S850, and they seem ok. They do SMS, and allegedly VOIP
but I haven't tried the latter so I don't know how useful it is. I
wouldn't recommend th S810, which is obsolescent anyway, because the
handsets all seem to fail in 1 to 5 years. (A dc-dc convertor problem
which presents as claiming charged batteries are flat.)

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:02:23 +0000, Broadback wrote:

[...]

OK.

I read through and couldn't be sure exactly what testing you had done.

Especially I couldn't be certain that you had successfully paired another
BT device with the phone. I was going to suggest that, as you can get a BT
headset for around £15, it might be worth trying one to see if that would
pair with the phone. Or borrow one from someone for testing purposes.

Looking on line your phone seems well old, and the links to approved BT
headsets don't seem to be there any more.

If you are going for a new phone I presume you can "try before you buy" to
ensure that you can pair your existing BT device with it.

Best of luck.

Dave R

---