Old February 11th 19, 07:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Question about sub-main sizing

On 11/02/2019 19:12, ARW wrote:
On 11/02/2019 11:15, wrote:
On 10/02/2019 20:30, ARW wrote:

You might have boobed itÂ* - twice, if I am not mistaken!

1. You are using 240V not 230V for your fault current. (Max Ze for a
50A C type is 0.37ohm and remember that is when the cables are at 40
deg)

2. Your resistance calculations should be 16mm earth and 16mm live
(unless you wish to chop out the 6mm cpc of the 16mm T&E and not
bother using it)

Either way you are over the 0.37 ohms allowed.

It might be better to swap the head end with some thing like this

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CGMSF100.html

Yes, it's always better when boobs appear as a pair ;-)

I'd done the quick check at 230 but old habits (my fingers initially
typed old hobbits) die hard so 240 reappeared when I did the proper
check.
When I decided to add the 10mm2 cable the brain forgot about the
existing CPC. I can't think of an excuse for that :-(

As you spotted, there was a third boob in your calcs ... brings back
memories of a character from HHG2TTG ;-)

I am glad someone like the bit of humour I try to put into some of my
posts.

The actual fused isolator I was looking for (should you go that route)
is the Scolmore DB750. But I am sure the one I linked to is the same thing.

Scolmore one here

https://www.rselectricalsupplies.co....ched-db750_813

There is a shroud showing on the first link that allows T&E to enter
properly.

Thanks, but I'm fairly certain that I'm OK with a type C MCB for the
sub-main head and type Bs at 16A and 6A in the remote CU.

Old February 12th 19, 02:15 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2019 11:15, wrote:

As you spotted, there was a third boob in your calcs ... brings back
memories of a character from HHG2TTG ;-)

Prompting recollection of the tale...

So God said unto Eve, "So what do you think of my garden then?"
"Oh, its lovely" says Eve, "So pretty, and some many interesting creatures"

"And how is the body working out for you, I was quite pleased with that"

"Oh I think its rather good... although I am not sure about the third boob"

"What do you mean?"

"Well the left and the right are ok, they look good and balance nicely,
but the middle one just seems to push the others outward, and then they
bump into my arms when I swing them as I walk"

"Hmmmm, I see what you mean. Here try this"

With that a heavenly hand reaches down, grabs the middle boob, and
plucks it off with a small squelch, before punting it off into the long
grass.

A week passes

"So Eve, is the new boobie, layout any better"

"Oh yes much better!"

"So you are happy then?"

"Well..."

"Go on then spit it out"

"I am a bit lonely... I see many of the other animals seem to have mates
to play with and for company, but I don't have anyone"

"Ah", says God,

"I have been working on an idea"

"I call it Man. He will be like you only a bit bigger and stronger. He
will be able to hunt for you, care for you, defend you, love and cherish
you, and be your life long faithful companion, not to mention a few
other party tricks I have got in mind. What do you think of that then?"

"Oh, God I want one!"

"Well there will be a price to pay.... I will need to take a part form
your body to start building him"

"What do you need, a rib or something?"

"Oh no, no need to be so drastic... now let me think"

"Where did we put that useless tit?"

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |

Old February 12th 19, 06:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

[...]

Now imagine what we could have had if Adam had spared a couple more ribs
when Eve was created.

Oh, that would be a woman with three tits.

--
Adam
Old February 12th 19, 07:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I thought He was going to say 'I know - you have a brain - you never use
that, we will make him out of that!'

--
“Ideas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith