Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 socket, 3 socket, 4 socket 13A outlets

Hi Pop Pickers!

I was just looking for process on 13A MK Logic double sockets* (so much cheaper at Toolstation than a traditional electrical wholesalers (Kew Electrical) quoted me for 3 (approx. £3.80 Ea rather than approx. £7.00 Ea!

And I was surprised to come across an MK 3 socket faceplate (which looked like it was designed for an extra wide back box / pattress rather than retro fitting to an existing double. I've never seen these in service, and would think most people in most circs would simply fit 2 x 2 ways. There was also also a wide variety of converters 1-3, 2-3, 2-4. Do the Pros ever have cause to resort to these? or again, would they always use doubles?

*I finally got a round tuit and sorted out the re-routing of part of my kitchen ring through the "sink unit" picking up te dishwasher and washing machine along the way (the previous situation was not as rosy as I had painted it here, the Wm and DW were sharing one 2.5mm spur).

Very pleased with the result electrically, but it's not the tidiest job I ever did. I need to re-visit at some point and reduce / eliminate the amount of JBs I put in. I must have saved a couple of hundred in electricians fees, but might wind up spending it on a chiropractor! (apparently I am no longer 18, Immortal , made of rubber!

Anyway's I have now replaced one of the double 13A sockets that feed this section of ring with a nice shiny MK Logic one, and want to do the rest of the kitchen in stages (for budgetary reasons).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 25 January 2019 15:30:47 UTC, wrote:
[...]

If the backbox is sunk flush then a convertor is much less work than sinking a new backbox. OTOH they're a lot for so little gain. A plug-in 4 way, 6 way etc makes more sense.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I found out about the older skeletal and muscular issues when I had to
fit some new hinges to a cupboard door for under the sink a few years ago.
Why is it that the attachments for things when flatpack cupboards are
built, end up in the least easy to get at places with the most awkward body
position to screw screws in from?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
Yes I found out about the older skeletal and muscular issues when I had
to fit some new hinges to a cupboard door for under the sink a few years
ago. Why is it that the attachments for things when flatpack cupboards
are built, end up in the least easy to get at places with the most
awkward body position to screw screws in from? Brian

2 weeks ago, I had to lie under our kitchen sink in a very contorted
position trying to remove an old, leaking mixer tap. The bits that hold it
in place had rusted together, so stitch drilling was needed.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 26 January 2019 09:18:28 UTC, ARW wrote:
I was just looking for process on 13A MK Logic double sockets* (so much
cheaper at Toolstation than a traditional electrical wholesalers (Kew
Electrical) quoted me for 3 (approx. £3.80 Ea rather than approx.
£7.00 Ea!

If it was the same the wholesalers deserve to go out of business.

Presumably £7.00 ea was "list" and didn't include the manager's discretionary discount for "trade".

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the tip, but Ive slowly swapped about half the sockets here to MK and want to finish the job.

It was indeed, Double socket white plastic MK Logik Plus (Or is it Logic 2?) I forget.

I suppose if id looked like a sparky or been buying larger quantities, then the wholesaler MIGHT have given me a better price.