Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 2 socket, 3 socket, 4 socket 13A outlets

On 25/01/2019 15:30, wrote:
Hi Pop Pickers!

I was just looking for process on 13A MK Logic double sockets* (so much cheaper at Toolstation than a traditional electrical wholesalers (Kew Electrical) quoted me for 3 (approx. £3.80 Ea rather than approx. £7.00 Ea!

And I was surprised to come across an MK 3 socket faceplate (which looked like it was designed for an extra wide back box / pattress rather than retro fitting to an existing double. I've never seen these in service, and would think most people in most circs would simply fit 2 x 2 ways. There was also also a wide variety of converters 1-3, 2-3, 2-4. Do the Pros ever have cause to resort to these? or again, would they always use doubles?

The MK 3 gang socket needs a special back box. The MK K863.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK0863.html

AFAIK there is no dry liner version available for this socket. It might
be worth noting that the 3 gang socket is actually fused at 13A!

Most of the convertors will fit over any 1g or 2 gang back box.

I fitted a 4 gang convertor socket at the gf's behind the vivarium. But
that has a small load.

We would be very unlikely to fit convertors at work other than for
limited loads.

--
Adam