View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default 2 socket, 3 socket, 4 socket 13A outlets

On Friday, 25 January 2019 15:30:47 UTC, wrote:
Hi Pop Pickers!

I was just looking for process on 13A MK Logic double sockets* (so much cheaper at Toolstation than a traditional electrical wholesalers (Kew Electrical) quoted me for 3 (approx. £3.80 Ea rather than approx. £7.00 Ea!

And I was surprised to come across an MK 3 socket faceplate (which looked like it was designed for an extra wide back box / pattress rather than retro fitting to an existing double. I've never seen these in service, and would think most people in most circs would simply fit 2 x 2 ways. There was also also a wide variety of converters 1-3, 2-3, 2-4. Do the Pros ever have cause to resort to these? or again, would they always use doubles?

*I finally got a round tuit and sorted out the re-routing of part of my kitchen ring through the "sink unit" picking up te dishwasher and washing machine along the way (the previous situation was not as rosy as I had painted it here, the Wm and DW were sharing one 2.5mm spur).

Very pleased with the result electrically, but it's not the tidiest job I ever did. I need to re-visit at some point and reduce / eliminate the amount of JBs I put in. I must have saved a couple of hundred in electricians fees, but might wind up spending it on a chiropractor! (apparently I am no longer 18, Immortal , made of rubber!

Anyway's I have now replaced one of the double 13A sockets that feed this section of ring with a nice shiny MK Logic one, and want to do the rest of the kitchen in stages (for budgetary reasons).

If the backbox is sunk flush then a convertor is much less work than sinking a new backbox. OTOH they're a lot for so little gain. A plug-in 4 way, 6 way etc makes more sense.

NT