Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TP-LINK dongle

To avoid replying to multiple posts:-

It's a TP-Link Model Archer T1U. Says 5 Ghz 433 Mbps.

Was bought some 20 months ago from PC world - but not used.

I've not really altered any setting on my BT router. Next door - that it
is seeing a signal from - has BT infinity too.

It was installed using the supplied CD - for driver and software.

This morning, with it in the same room as my laptop, it was showing only
one available and at poor signal strength. My laptop was showing 11...

Went out and bought a new one. That's working fine.

Of course I've lost the receipt. Their website wants you to use a premium
rate phone line for any warranty claims (says it has a three year
warranty). So into the bin it will go.

--
*My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. She stops to breathe.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
To avoid replying to multiple posts:-

It's a TP-Link Model Archer T1U. Says 5 Ghz 433 Mbps.

Was bought some 20 months ago from PC world - but not used.

I've not really altered any setting on my BT router. Next door - that it
is seeing a signal from - has BT infinity too.

It was installed using the supplied CD - for driver and software.

This morning, with it in the same room as my laptop, it was showing only
one available and at poor signal strength. My laptop was showing 11...

Went out and bought a new one. That's working fine.

Of course I've lost the receipt. Their website wants you to use a premium
rate phone line for any warranty claims (says it has a three year
warranty). So into the bin it will go.

what about the WEEEEEEE....... regulations?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 18:59:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Of course I've lost the receipt. Their website wants you to use a premium
rate phone line for any warranty claims (says it has a three year
warranty). So into the bin it will go.

I've had faulty stuff exchanged by TP-Link without a receipt because
the 'manufactured date' made it still inside the 3 years. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 18:59:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Of course I've lost the receipt. Their website wants you to use a premium
rate phone line for any warranty claims (says it has a three year
warranty). So into the bin it will go.

I've had faulty stuff exchanged by TP-Link without a receipt because
the 'manufactured date' made it still inside the 3 years. ;-)

It was phoning the premium rate number to get a return code which rather
put me off.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 18:59:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Of course I've lost the receipt. Their website wants you to use a premium
rate phone line for any warranty claims (says it has a three year
warranty). So into the bin it will go.

I've had faulty stuff exchanged by TP-Link without a receipt because
the 'manufactured date' made it still inside the 3 years. ;-)

It was phoning the premium rate number to get a return code which rather
put me off.

They also offer email and chat support (free):

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support-c...otline-Support

I have also had things replaced without a problem in the past.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 13:00:26 +0000, JoeJoe wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 18:59:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Of course I've lost the receipt. Their website wants you to use a premium
rate phone line for any warranty claims (says it has a three year
warranty). So into the bin it will go.

I've had faulty stuff exchanged by TP-Link without a receipt because
the 'manufactured date' made it still inside the 3 years. ;-)

It was phoning the premium rate number to get a return code which rather
put me off.

They also offer email and chat support (free):

Which is how I've always done in (an the online chat has been very
good / accurate / informative).

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support-c...otline-Support

I have also had things replaced without a problem in the past.

Including things that had been thrown away by other people and they
couldn't bother to deal with. ;-)

Cheers, T i m