Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well, I never!

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:01:39 +0000, GB wrote:

A Taiwanese hiker famed for posing in her bikini on mountain summits has
died during a solo trek. Gigi Wu is believed to have died of hypothermia

Can't say I'm surprised! Not much protection in a bikini.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 22:21:09 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news source would provide you with more
info than you clearly have at present

I'm not a great fan of the MSM. I take everything they say with a pinch
of salt to be honest as I and others have caught them out with blatant
and shameless lying on important issues far too often. I'd have to be the
world's biggest mug to place any faith in newspapers and TV.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-01-22 6:12 p.m., Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 22:21:09 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news source would provide you with more
info than you clearly have at present

I'm not a great fan of the MSM. I take everything they say with a pinch
of salt to be honest as I and others have caught them out with blatant
and shameless lying on important issues far too often. I'd have to be the
world's biggest mug to place any faith in newspapers and TV.

if you want reliable news get it from a neutral country
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2019-01-22 6:12 p.m., Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 22:21:09 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news source would provide you with more
info than you clearly have at present

I'm not a great fan of the MSM. I take everything they say with a pinch
of salt to be honest as I and others have caught them out with blatant
and shameless lying on important issues far too often. I'd have to be the
world's biggest mug to place any faith in newspapers and TV.

if you want reliable news get it from a neutral country

Thats not necessarily reliable news. Few of those have
what it takes to be able to gather all news for themselves,
particularly with an event as unimportant as that one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-01-22 6:12 p.m., Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 22:21:09 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news sourceÂ* would provide you with more
Â* info than you clearly have at present

I'm not a great fan of the MSM. I take everything they say with a pinch
of salt to be honest as I and others have caught them out with blatant
and shameless lying on important issues far too often. I'd have to be
the
world's biggest mug to place any faith in newspapers and TV.

if you want reliable news get it from a neutral country

Thats not necessarily reliable news. Few of those have
what it takes to be able to gather all news for themselves,
particularly with an event as unimportant as that one.

well then do what you normally do ,
hunt for someone that agrees with what you said ,
then say they're right
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"%" wrote in message
On 2019-01-22 6:12 p.m., Cursitor Doom wrote:
[...]

I never hunt and hardly ever bother to say they're
right when I see someone agreeing with what I said.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2019 22:21, Tim+ wrote:
Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news source would provide you with more
info than you clearly have at present

"If you do not read the mainstream media you are ill-informed
If you do read the mainstresm media you are mis-informed."

(After Mark Twain).

"In general you may believe what you read save in the one subject that
you actually know soumething about"

(can't remember who said that).

The point is that the mainstream media are the worst places to get facts
from.

They make their living out of advertising and PR. They are paid by large
globalist companies, or by government franchise in the case of the BBC,
to publish what is useful for those people to have you believe.

That you cite them as an authority, and seem to believe that argument
from authority carries weight, is merely and indication of how
dangerously naïve you really are.

People like you should not be allowed to vote.

Tim

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 23 January 2019 12:39:38 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/01/2019 22:21, Tim+ wrote:
Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news source would provide you with more
info than you clearly have at present

"If you do not read the mainstream media you are ill-informed
If you do read the mainstresm media you are mis-informed."

(After Mark Twain).

"In general you may believe what you read save in the one subject that
you actually know soumething about"

Doesn't that depend on how you know whatever you know ?

(can't remember who said that).

The point is that the mainstream media are the worst places to get facts
from.

No they aren't. There are far worse places just follow some of Harrys links.

They make their living out of advertising and PR.

And subscriptions but I'm not sure to what degree.

They are paid by large
globalist companies, or by government franchise in the case of the BBC,
to publish what is useful for those people to have you believe.

Some are, but it does depend on many things, and it unfortunatly requres the use of a brain (both right and left sides) while reading anything mainstream or non mainstream.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 12:39:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

People like you should not be allowed to vote.

And certainly not breed!

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
or by government franchise in the case of the BBC,
to publish what is useful for those people to have you believe.

Translation. Anyone who doesn't spout Turnip's nonsense is wrong.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 12:39:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

People like you should not be allowed to vote.

And certainly not breed!

Good to see the Nazis agreeing. ;-)

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2019 22:21, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

Today there was a tv on where I went to look at the heating. It was the BBC explaining how having right wing views directly resulted in hate crimes. Weird that any grown up would take such nonsense seriously - I guess some folk simply have no critical thinking ability.

I don't agree on voting rights though. Any system that excludes anyone ends up excluding the wrong people. And some people lose basic rights as they have no ability to say NO to those in power. These are precisely why we let everyone vote.

I won't mention prisoners for now.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2019 17:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:01:39 +0000, GB wrote:

A Taiwanese hiker famed for posing in her bikini on mountain summits has
died during a solo trek. Gigi Wu is believed to have died of hypothermia

Can't say I'm surprised! Not much protection in a bikini.

Did you even read the article?

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2019 22:21, Tim+ wrote:
Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news sourceÂ* would provide you with more
Â* info than you clearly have at present

"If you do not read the mainstream media you are ill-informed
If you do read the mainstresm media you are mis-informed."

(After Mark Twain).

"In general you may believe what you read save in the one subject that
you actually know soumething about"

(can't remember who said that).

The point is that the mainstream media are the worst places to get facts
from.

If you use a range, across politics and location, you'll generally end
up in the right ballpark.

What I don't understand is where you/yours get the information that in
turn informs your opinion. It's clearly not books or science - inherent
bias, you seem to insist. It seems to be a combination of hard code,
anecdote and following a pack.

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RJH" wrote in message
On 22/01/2019 22:21, Tim+ wrote:
Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:48:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Try a spot of fact checking.

Who would you recommend? Snopes? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just about any mainstream news source would provide you with more
info than you clearly have at present

"If you do not read the mainstream media you are ill-informed
If you do read the mainstresm media you are mis-informed."

(After Mark Twain).

"In general you may believe what you read save in the one subject that
you actually know soumething about"

(can't remember who said that).

The point is that the mainstream media are the worst places to get facts
from.

If you use a range, across politics and location, you'll generally end up
in the right ballpark.

Not really true of some areas like climate change and brexit.

What I don't understand is where you/yours get the information that in
turn informs your opinion.

Its mostly from thinking about what shows up in the media.

It's clearly not books or science - inherent bias, you seem to insist.

Thats certainly true about how evil the EU is.

It seems to be a combination of hard code, anecdote and following a pack.

More prejudice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 24 January 2019 08:11:27 UTC, RJH wrote:

The point is that the mainstream media are the worst places to get facts
from.

If you use a range, across politics and location, you'll generally end
up in the right ballpark.

Sometimes. Sometimes not at all.

What I don't understand is where you/yours get the information that in
turn informs your opinion. It's clearly not books or science - inherent
bias, you seem to insist. It seems to be a combination of hard code,
anecdote and following a pack.

Translation: you don't agree with it.

NT