Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (Totally OT) Song title/artist?

Earworm. An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da'
voices. Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,
Da da da da
Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graeme explained on 18/11/2018 :
Earworm. An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da' voices.
Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,
Da da da da
Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

Now I have an earworm. I know the one you mean, later than that,
possibly 1980's/ 1990's.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :
Now I have an earworm. I know the one you mean, later than that, possibly
1980's/ 1990's.

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5vXTK2B3Yg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :
Now I have an earworm. I know the one you mean, later than that,
possibly 1980's/ 1990's.

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5vXTK2B3Yg

Thanks for the guess, but no, that sounds far too modern, which doesn't
necessarily mean that the one in my head is not fairly modern, but I
think it is older.

I'll try again.

Da da da da
(lower) da da da da da
da da da da
(lower) da da da da
da da, da da da, da da da, de da da da

Doesn't help much, does it? :-)

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 11:22, Graeme wrote:
da da da da da

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1ybQ8v_n8

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That particular one was also made without the German, I recall it. Still no
idea why they bothered though!

When you say instrumental do you mean there are no voices singing the dums?
There were a lot of synth based tracks like Popcorn for example. An early
Georgio Moroder track like Chickory tips Son of my Father as his second
outing then of course that hypnotic Donna Summer track and later with Phil
Oakey with Human League.

There were a lot of such tracks that had no voices though. and its finding
the right one.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :
Now I have an earworm. I know the one you mean, later than that, possibly
1980's/ 1990's.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5vXTK2B3Yg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes

You don't mean Manumanum do you?

Brian, that is exactly what I mean. Thank you.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Earworm. An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da'
voices. Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,
Da da da da
Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

Obviously not this then (?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToSribEM0s
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham.
writes

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,

Obviously not this then (?)

Brian has nailed it, although how he got there from my description is
little short of a miracle!
--
Graeme

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Earworm. An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da'
voices. Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,
Da da da da
Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

I had an earworm from childhood that I wanted to identify.
It was actually the first 7 inch vinyl record we ever had.

I finally did by putting the memorised notes as I remembered it as
Parsons code using https://www.musipedia.org/

I was quite elated when it actually worked and gave me the title, it
was actually this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzzeKJCBCEE
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham.
writes

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,

Obviously not this then (?)

Brian has nailed it, although how he got there from my description is
little short of a miracle!

You Muppet ;-)

I genuinly think Brian is gifted in aurally to comensate for what he
lacks visually.

Intresting though, the origanal spelling was (if this makes it through
your newsreaders intact) Mah Nà Mah Nà
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mah_N%C3%A0_Mah_N%C3%A0
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham.
writes
In message , Graham.
writes

Brian has nailed it, although how he got there from my description is
little short of a miracle!

You Muppet ;-)

My first thought, too :-)

I genuinly think Brian is gifted in aurally to comensate for what he
lacks visually.

Strangely, I wondered that.

Intresting though, the origanal spelling was (if this makes it through
your newsreaders intact) Mah Nà Mah Nà

Yes, I did the same search. Listened too, but I think the version I
heard in my head must have been the Muppets.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

That particular one was also made without the German, I recall it. Still no
idea why they bothered though!

When you say instrumental do you mean there are no voices singing the dums?
There were a lot of synth based tracks like Popcorn for example. An early
Georgio Moroder track like Chickory tips Son of my Father as his second
outing then of course that hypnotic Donna Summer track and later with Phil
Oakey with Human League.

Bloody hell Brian!! Admit it: you've won Popmaster Champions League so
many time they won't let you enter again?

And Graham: if only you had said this:

'"Mah Nà Mah Nà" debuted as part of Umiliani's soundtrack for the
Italian mondo film Svezia, inferno e paradiso (Sweden: Heaven and Hell
(1968), an exploitation documentary film about wild sexual activity and
other behaviour in Sweden."'

.... then I'd have been first to ID it!
(I mean the transcription of Mah Na MahNa", rather than your rather
pathetic "da da da da" of course :-D)

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Another John wrote:

And Graham: if only you had said this:

Sorry: Graeme (OP) not Graham (a responder).

John

PS We used to have a Graeme in Class 3 at Primary School: the teacher
always called him "grimy".
[Disclaimer: this is intended as humour and in no way should be
construed as a hate crime. Me and Graeme: Like that: X ]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 18 November 2018 13:47:20 UTC, Another John wrote:
PS We used to have a Graeme in Class 3 at Primary School: the teacher
always called him "grimy".

That's gentler than most nicknames imposed by teachers.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 12:19, Graeme wrote:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes

You don't mean Manumanum do you?

Brian, that is exactly what I mean.Â* Thank you.

What, the ****ing muppet theme?

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/18 10:28, Graeme wrote:

Earworm.Â* An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da'
voices.Â* Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,
Da da da da
Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

I got it immediately:
Un Homme et Une Femme
https://youtu.be/Kq7M_5MH1_0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 17:52, TimW wrote:
On 18/11/18 10:28, Graeme wrote:

Earworm.Â* An instrumental, as far as I remember, but with 'da da da'
voices.Â* Possibly/probably 1960s.

Da da da da
(lower key) da da dum dum,
Da da da da
Dum dum dum dum

Or something like that ...

Possibly used as a DJ theme, or similar.

I got it immediately:
Un Homme et Une Femme
https://youtu.be/Kq7M_5MH1_0

I agree that fits the description best, but was not in fact the sought
answer!

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 18/11/2018 12:19, Graeme wrote:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes

You don't mean Manumanum do you?

Brian, that is exactly what I mean.Â* Thank you.

What, the ****ing muppet theme?

I always get them mixed up with The Feebles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEjtwFG_Ap0

--
Adam