Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Face fit masks

My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke
30 minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

If it's for a better fit then surely it will be fit better if I do the
things I would normally do before wearing the mask when I am at work.
Things such as eating, drinking and smoking.

Or do they expect me to fast from all three for 30 minutes before
wearing the mask when at work?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 November 2018 21:00:28 UTC, ARW wrote:
My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke
30 minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

Maybe so you don't breathe or dribble nasty smells or allergens over their face-measuring apparatus or samples which will be used on many people?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote

My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke 30
minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

So they dont get gassed by the garlic fumes, wog boy.

If it's for a better fit then surely it will be fit better if I do the
things I would normally do before wearing the mask when I am at work.
Things such as eating, drinking and smoking.

Or do they expect me to fast from all three for 30 minutes before wearing
the mask when at work?

Corse they do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 10:26:46 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH troll ****

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2018 21:00, ARW wrote:
My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke
30 minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

If it's for a better fit then surely it will be fit better if I do the
things I would normally do before wearing the mask when I am at work.
Things such as eating, drinking and smoking.

Or do they expect me to fast from all three for 30 minutes before
wearing the mask when at work?

I think the test is whether or not you can taste a spray, so I'd guess
the fear is that a vindaloo or half an ounce of shag would risk you
tasting nothing even without the mask on.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm sure they decontaminate between fittings or everyone will go down with
whatever bugs the last patient had!

I'm surprised technology has not come to the rescue of this and made a set
of masks that really does fit anyone by now.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Thursday, 15 November 2018 21:00:28 UTC, ARW wrote:
My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke
30 minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

Maybe so you don't breathe or dribble nasty smells or allergens over their
face-measuring apparatus or samples which will be used on many people?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/11/2018 21:00, ARW wrote:
My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke
30 minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

From the instructions on one of the 3M testing kits:

"Eating and drinking beforehand
They should not eat or drink anything other than water within 30 minutes
of their allocated time-slot.
This reduces the risk of food or drink consumed earlier leaving a
residual taste in the mouth that could be confused with a fit test failure"

If it's for a better fit then surely it will be fit better if I do the
things I would normally do before wearing the mask when I am at work.
Things such as eating, drinking and smoking.

Or do they expect me to fast from all three for 30 minutes before
wearing the mask when at work?

Look at the bright side, they did not prohibit shagging ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 November 2018 10:04:10 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'm sure they decontaminate between fittings or everyone will go down with
whatever bugs the last patient had!

One would hope so.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

I'm sure they decontaminate between fittings or everyone will go down with
whatever bugs the last patient had!

I'm surprised technology has not come to the rescue of this and made a set
of masks that really does fit anyone by now.

Cant see how that is even possible with faces varying so much.

wrote in message
On Thursday, 15 November 2018 21:00:28 UTC, ARW wrote:
My letter for face fit testing says "Please do not eat, drink or smoke
30 minutes before your face fitting test"

Why?

Maybe so you don't breathe or dribble nasty smells or allergens over
their face-measuring apparatus or samples which will be used on many
people?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam,
I'm curious to know what envirenment you'll be working in with such a
mask.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. Wrote in message:
Adam,
I'm curious to know what envirenment you'll be working in with such a
mask.

GIMP Doncaster 2019 ?
--
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/11/2018 19:26, Graham. wrote:
Adam,
I'm curious to know what envirenment you'll be working in with such a
mask.

I am trying to remember just exactly what it was that we were sweeping
up that the HSE fined us for when they caught us sweeping it up.

It was a white dust or powder, certainly not asbestos or cocaine but it
cost us a £2K fine.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2018 19:59, ARW wrote:
On 16/11/2018 19:26, Graham. wrote:
Adam,
I'm curious to know what envirenment you'll be working in with such a
mask.

I am trying to remember just exactly what it was that we were sweeping
up that the HSE fined us for when they caught us sweeping it up.

It was a white dust or powder, certainly not asbestos or cocaine but it
cost us a £2K fine.

I wonder if it might have been just generic dust from cement, concrete,
plasterboard etc. AIUI the HSE come down these days not just on silica
dust (with silicosis in mind) but dust generally (with an eye to COPD et
al).

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 18/11/2018 20:55, Robin wrote:
On 18/11/2018 19:59, ARW wrote:
On 16/11/2018 19:26, Graham. wrote:
Adam,
I'm curious to know what envirenment you'll be working in with such a
mask.

I am trying to remember just exactly what it was that we were sweeping
up that the HSE fined us for when they caught us sweeping it up.

It was a white dust or powder, certainly not asbestos or cocaine but
it cost us a £2K fine.

I wonder if it might have been just generic dust from cement, concrete,
plasterboard etc.Â* AIUI the HSE come down these days not just on silica
dust (with silicosis in mind) but dust generally (with an eye to COPD et
al).

The fine was hidden in the extras bill.

--
Adam

Face masks question ss UK diy 1 December 8th 15 01:49 PM
BUY YOUR MEDS & WEED LOCALLY, FACE TO FACE DEALS, NO HASSLE!!! Bruce McGurr Home Repair 0 August 10th 15 02:53 PM
Marking wood. Face side & face edge Graham.[_2_] UK diy 8 February 20th 10 06:29 PM
N95 face masks - advice mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net Woodworking 11 August 24th 05 08:12 PM
Face plates or face plates rings? Peter Holt Woodturning 16 June 24th 05 02:40 PM