Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing a Newteam 201 Power Shower

I am hoping that someone is in a position to assist please.

My shower, installed 2001, has come to the end of its life, been taken out and dumped and I am trying to find a direct replacement that can be installed with the minimum of disruption.

I have two challenges:-
1) the recommended replacement shower, and Aquilisa Aquastream Thermo which I have purchased is not 240v and is Low voltage. To install this would mean destroying bathroom tiling and finding a suitable fixing point for the transformer in the wall void then redecorating.
2) the Hot and cold feed are transversed in the old installation compared to the replacement which again necessitated stripping plumbing back and rebuilding with major decorative consequences.

Has anyone come across this problem before and found a like for like replacement without major works?

Colin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 06:30:46 -0800 (PST), Colin Waldron
wrote:

[...]

Have you seen this? https://new-team-showers.co.uk/ I assume it's up
to date. It says:

"New Team Electric Showers

The New Team electric showers have recently been updated and replaced
by the fantastic newly designed Joy collection of electric showers,
delivering a stunning contemporary design in a choice of white or
black with a contemporary chrome riser rail set.

These Joy showers are a direct replacement for the old Newteam models
with the plumbing inlets and electric connections in exactly the same
place. There is a slight difference in the dimensions of the unit wih
the new Joy models being very slightly smaller by 3mm in width and
10mm in height.

Simply select your desired electric shower above to see these new
models, choose from our 8.5Kw, 9.5kW or 10.5Kw models."

and

"Call Us Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm 0843 658 0062 or 01342 321121"

I think those are electrically heated shower units, not €śpower showers€ť. I
think the OP is pumping water from a HW tank. Stupidly confusing
terminology.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Which bit do you need?

I have an unused NewTeam pump and some other bits but not the mixer
lurking.

It was bought for a previous house and never installed.

From memory, there is the pump (dual ended, hot and cold), and some
valves/sensors that go inline to sense the flow to turn it on.

It is designed to fit in a cupboard, under a bath etc.

--

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

https://www.jobcentreguide.org/claim...-benefit-fraud

https://childsworldamerica.org/anima...o-child-abuse/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Which bit do you need?

I have an unused NewTeam pump and some other bits but not the mixer
lurking.

It was bought for a previous house and never installed.

you should have got a man in .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 November 2018 14:30:49 UTC, Colin Waldron wrote:
[...]

why did you buy it then?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2018 14:30, Colin Waldron wrote:
[...]

I have had power showers for some time and my goto place is the shower
doctor.

Have you had a look at the FAQs at the bottom of this page

https://www.showerdoc.com/newteam-20...-shower-spares

(Spoiler -

I see that many of the spares for this unit are no longer available so
is there a drop-in replacement for this unit i.e. no need to move pipes,
wires or mounting holes?
Asked 254 days ago by Chris Brawn
There is no direct replacement for this shower , but , the ones shown to
the right in the link are the best.

http://www.showerdoc.com/newteam-201...-shower-spares

--
Chris B (News)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Waldron wrote:

I am hoping that someone is in a position to assist please.

My shower, installed 2001, has come to the end of its life, been taken out
and dumped and I am trying to find a direct replacement that can be
installed with the minimum of disruption.

I have two challenges:- 1) the recommended replacement shower, and
Aquilisa Aquastream Thermo which I have purchased is not 240v and is Low
voltage. To install this would mean destroying bathroom tiling and finding
a suitable fixing point for the transformer in the wall void then
redecorating.

Can't you use the existing mains wiring to deliver the ELV? And put the
transformer anywhere within about 20ft of the shower as the cables run.

2) the Hot and cold feed are transversed in the old installation compared
to the replacement which again necessitated stripping plumbing back and
rebuilding with major decorative consequences.

Equally, the two pipes can be swapped over somewhere else. You might
need to bypass either or both if there are branches to elsewhere (and
you are not really supposed to have dead end pipes - but if they can be
shortened to near the bathroom it may be alright).

Has anyone come across this problem before and found a like for like
replacement without major works?

Colin

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

Colin Waldron wrote:

Aquilisa Aquastream Thermo which I have purchased is not 240v and is Low
voltage.

I couldn't see any install instructions (or even evidence they sell such
things) on the aqualisa website ... got an exact model number?

Can't you use the existing mains wiring to deliver the ELV?

I'm imagining bus bars as thick as my thumb to power a low-voltage
shower ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2018 11:05, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

Colin Waldron wrote:

Aquilisa Aquastream Thermo which I have purchased is not 240v and is Low
voltage.

I couldn't see any install instructions (or even evidence they sell such
things) on the aqualisa website ... got an exact model number?

Can't you use the existing mains wiring to deliver the ELV?

I'm imagining bus bars as thick as my thumb to power a low-voltage
shower ...

No they only need to power the pump. Separately heated hot and cold
water will be delivered to the unit....

--
Chris B (News)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris B wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I'm imagining bus bars as thick as my thumb to power a low-voltage
shower ...

No they only need to power the pump. Separately heated hot and cold
water will be delivered to the unit....

Ah, thought it was an electric shower ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Did you find a replacement shower. I have a complete one still in box unused.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1325405-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Keith explained :
Did you find a replacement shower. I have a complete one still in box
unused.

I would hope so or he would be pretty smelly by now - he posted the
question over two years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't get this, if I follow the link it clearly says when it was posted,
is it invisible to the sighted?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
Keith explained :
Did you find a replacement shower. I have a complete one still in box
unused.

I would hope so or he would be pretty smelly by now - he posted the
question over two years ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 27/01/2021, Brian Gaff (Sofa) supposed :
I don't get this, if I follow the link it clearly says when it was posted, is
it invisible to the sighted?
Brian

It would seem to be invisible, perhaps it's the gaudy colours used on
the site which blinds their site users?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Keith, I'd be interested in this if it's still available

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1325405-.htm