Andy Hardy

Default Replacing a power shower

We're refitting the bathroom and the old Superjet power shower is to be
replaced (it's noisy and has started to leak!).

I was hoping to get another low voltage model as a feel happier about
installing it in the bathroom and it will mean that we don't need to
hide a big chunk of mains cable.

Both water supplies and power come through the ceiling (the hot water is
at floor level and drawn over the ceiling).

The Gainsborough Diplomat thermostatic seemed to match the requirements
and then I discovered that my local stockists would have to put it on a
two-week order.

So... I'm considering other options. There seem to be a lot of
Showerforce and Essentials knocking around B&Q and a mate is trying to
convince me to get a Aqualisa Quartz (but I don't want to start mucking
about with the water supply in the loft!). I've heard of venturi
non-powered showers, which sound too good to be true...

Any thoughts on good makes and models for self-installation? If there's
a FAQ that I've not managed to find, please point me in the direction.

Thanks,
--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849
chris French

In message ], Andy Hardy
] writes
We're refitting the bathroom and the old Superjet power shower is to be
replaced (it's noisy and has started to leak!).

I was hoping to get another low voltage model as a feel happier about
installing it in the bathroom and it will mean that we don't need to
hide a big chunk of mains cable.

So... I'm considering other options. There seem to be a lot of
Showerforce and Essentials knocking around B&Q and a mate is trying to
convince me to get a Aqualisa Quartz (but I don't want to start mucking
about with the water supply in the loft!). I've heard of venturi
non-powered showers, which sound too good to be true...

Any thoughts on good makes and models for self-installation?

I assume you mean an 'all in one' type of power shower here?

I recently fitted an Aqualisa Aquastream 3, thermostatic valve, LV
pump. I fitted this mostly because it was a pretty straight retro fit
for the old open that was in the house that died. But full new
installation would be fine. Instructions were very clear, will take top
, bottom or rear entry pipe work.

Got mine from

www.h-i-e.co.uk

As that was the cheapest place that had them in stock that I found.

GBP 314 inc delivery for white/chrome finish

--
Chris French

Andy Hardy

In message , chris French
writes
In message ], Andy Hardy
] writes
We're refitting the bathroom and the old Superjet power shower is to
be replaced (it's noisy and has started to leak!).

I was hoping to get another low voltage model as a feel happier about
installing it in the bathroom and it will mean that we don't need to
hide a big chunk of mains cable.

So... I'm considering other options. There seem to be a lot of
Showerforce and Essentials knocking around B&Q and a mate is trying to
convince me to get a Aqualisa Quartz (but I don't want to start
mucking about with the water supply in the loft!). I've heard of
venturi non-powered showers, which sound too good to be true...

Any thoughts on good makes and models for self-installation?

I assume you mean an 'all in one' type of power shower here?

That's the one.

I recently fitted an Aqualisa Aquastream 3, thermostatic valve, LV
pump. I fitted this mostly because it was a pretty straight retro fit
for the old open that was in the house that died. But full new
installation would be fine. Instructions were very clear, will take top
, bottom or rear entry pipe work.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849