Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Newteam varispeed 50 noise

Looking for a bit of advice/help -

After a recent plumbing emergency our Varispeed 50 Twin has become
noisier. The problem concerned a broken radiator and we had to empty
the boiler (long story) by running the hot tap until it ran dry. My
worry is that the pump has got damaged by the lack of water running
through it.

Prior to this event the pump would be noisy for 10 - 15 seconds when
the shower or bath was run but then it'd settled down to a background
hum. The noise no longer drops, after the first 10 - 15 seconds, and
remains noisy for the duration of the shower/bath.

Can these pumps be serviced? Or am I looking at a new pump

btw - the pressure isn't as good as it was before which make me think
that the pumps struggling.

Any assistance most appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Feb, 20:47, wrote:
Looking for a bit of advice/help -

After a recent plumbing emergency our Varispeed 50 Twin has become
noisier. The problem concerned a broken radiator and we had to empty
the boiler (long story) by running the hot tap until it ran dry. My
worry is that the pump has got damaged by the lack of water running
through it.

Prior to this event the pump would be noisy for 10 - 15 seconds when
the shower or bath was run but then it'd settled down to a background
hum. The noise no longer drops, after the first 10 - 15 seconds, and
remains noisy for the duration of the shower/bath.

Can these pumps be serviced? Or am I looking at a new pump

btw - the pressure isn't as good as it was before which make me think
that the pumps struggling.

Any assistance most appreciated.

More info - it would appear that it's now overheating(!) which trips
the thermostatic switch and turns it off

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 1 Feb, 20:47, wrote:
[...]

I had a varispeed shower pump that self destructed, sounding very similar
to yours!, I have replaced it with a Stuart Turner pump nearly 3 times the
price!! but when I fitted it the quality really showed, the Varispeed is
really a cheaply made pump....

Des

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Feb, 00:23, "Dieseldes" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On 1 Feb, 20:47, wrote:
[...]

Contacted NewTeam. Cos the pump ran dry it's officially buggered so
I'll have to get a new one

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for a bit of advice/help -

After a recent plumbing emergency our Varispeed 50 Twin has become
noisier. The problem concerned a broken radiator and we had to empty
the boiler (long story) by running the hot tap until it ran dry.

Do you mean the cylinder?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dieseldes" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 1 Feb, 20:47, wrote:
[...]

For the price of these troublesome noisy pumps, you could buy a multi-point
water heater for less. If only used for the shower it will never run out of
hot water:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Main_Multipoint_Balanced_Flue.html

Or fit a combi heating the cylinder and only have the shower off the combi
waters section.

People should assess alternatives when spending. They will be surprised
that a superior alternative is there for no more.

noise Cuprager UK diy 16 August 16th 06 11:20 AM
NewTeam Mixer Valves Jim Burrows UK diy 0 August 5th 06 06:44 PM
NewTeam Turbo 2 DIY-Disaster UK diy 3 July 26th 05 01:13 AM
noise GFRfan Home Ownership 1 April 2nd 04 07:47 PM
Noise BananaPannaPoe- Electronics Repair 2 January 22nd 04 09:36 PM