Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] adrian@adriannicholson.orangehome.co.uk is offline

Default Newteam varispeed 50 noise

On 1 Feb, 20:47, wrote:
Looking for a bit of advice/help -

After a recent plumbing emergency our Varispeed 50 Twin has become
noisier. The problem concerned a broken radiator and we had to empty
the boiler (long story) by running the hot tap until it ran dry. My
worry is that the pump has got damaged by the lack of water running
through it.

Prior to this event the pump would be noisy for 10 - 15 seconds when
the shower or bath was run but then it'd settled down to a background
hum. The noise no longer drops, after the first 10 - 15 seconds, and
remains noisy for the duration of the shower/bath.

Can these pumps be serviced? Or am I looking at a new pump

btw - the pressure isn't as good as it was before which make me think
that the pumps struggling.

Any assistance most appreciated.

More info - it would appear that it's now overheating(!) which trips
the thermostatic switch and turns it off