Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Left brain...Right brain. Heh Heh!

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 22 October 2018 16:28:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Really, how is it that I can contra rotate my fingers in front of me
and
many others cannot? I've never understood that one, somebody said
its a left and right brain thing. I say, rubbish, its some kind of
learned
thing, probably from a long forgotten task I had to do.

I'm not sure what contra rotate my fingers is,

I assume he meant turn something clockwise
with one hand and anticlockwise simultaneously
with the other hand. You need to do that a bit
with some stuff like lathes etc.

I do that when stiring two cups of tea at the same time.
Drumers also have this sort of skill as do others, it's a skill that can
be learnt.

Its also something that comes naturally to some and not others.

It is something that was once tested in aptitude
testing that the military etc did in the war etc.

Well the military do many tests like see if you can shoot a gun,

Not with potential recruits they dont.

those that can't get trianed so they can.

What they actually do is weed out the most hopeless.

Its something some find much easier than others.

Same with any skill.

But plenty can never manage some skills.

but I can do the live long and prosper hand,

I had to look that up.

Really ! doesn't everyone have that skill leonard nimoy did.

and I can move each finger seperatly, but only by practicing.

Yeah, me too, but I practiced as a kid.

I've heard some can twitch their ear I can't do that.

My dad could and used to so it with little kids
that were staring at him when out in public.

Hilarious watching their reaction.

I can do it a little bit, but not as well as he could.

It's a wierd 'skill' as most can do it as a baby

Dont believe that.

but as you get older the musclues don't get
used so most forget how to activate them,

Or that either.

some can train themselves to be able to do it.
I canlt remmebr why we had that ability

Presumably its an evolutionary vestige.
Many of the higher animals have that.

might have been some sort of compunication

Much more likely to be so the animal can hear things better.

I know horses use ear movemnts to communicate.

Not just horses, cats and some dogs do too.

Sure, but thats true of facial expressions too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 17:48:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Yes just like any skill some have it some learn it some are better than others at it.

Its something some find much easier than others.

Same with any skill.

But plenty can never manage some skills.

and you certainly know that don't you.

might have been some sort of compunication

Much more likely to be so the animal can hear things better.

I know horses use ear movemnts to communicate.

Not just horses, cats and some dogs do too.

Only horses have been found to use it for communication rather than hearing..
Dogs and cats haven;t been found to communicate using their ears to each other horses have.

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...heir-ears-eyes

Sure, but thats true of facial expressions too.

Not as much, in humans perhaps but not horses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Just because some fools claim something...

Sure, but thats true of facial expressions too.

Not as much, in humans perhaps but not horses.

But dogs and cats do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 24 October 2018 18:40:25 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Not to any great extent, that we as humans understadn and they don;t communicate with each other in that way. When was the last time you saw a cat or dog blow a kiss to another. When have they winked at each other, I don't think they blush when embarrissed either, they don;t judge each oither on the clothes they do or don;t wear either, they don't have facial embelishments like make-up and piecings.
Although you seem to know more than me about pigs arses and **** shoveling
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Thats bull**** when they show that they accept that
you are the boss with what they do with their ears etc.

and they don;t communicate with each other in that way.

Thats bull**** too. You clearly dont have a ****ing clue about dogs.

When was the last time you saw a cat or dog blow a kiss to another.

Thats just one way of doing it that they dont do. They have others
that humans dont do much like presenting their arse to be sniffed
with dogs.

When have they winked at each other,

Ditto. Yes, humans do it a lot more than dogs or horses, but
its silly and pig ignorant to claim that dogs dont do it a tall.
The reason some breeds like Samoyeds have a reputation for
being unpredictable is that they have rather less mobile
faces than some other breeds and so humans dont notice
when they are likely to bite you and get bitten that way.

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 25 October 2018 15:36:29 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

But not between each other, that is the point.

and they don;t communicate with each other in that way.

Thats bull**** too. You clearly dont have a ****ing clue about dogs.

More of a clue than you have about horses.

When was the last time you saw a cat or dog blow a kiss to another.

Thats just one way of doing it that they dont do. They have others
that humans dont do much like presenting their arse to be sniffed
with dogs.

Yes they use differnt ways of communicating between humans and dogs and dogs and dogs.

When have they winked at each other,

Ditto. Yes, humans do it a lot more than dogs or horses, but
its silly and pig ignorant to claim that dogs dont do it a tall.
The reason some breeds like Samoyeds have a reputation for
being unpredictable is that they have rather less mobile
faces than some other breeds and so humans dont notice
when they are likely to bite you and get bitten that way.

But horses use their ears to communicat not their mouths or faces,
a snorting horse is a happy horse but then again some humans are happiest when snorting.

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

But not between each other,

Corse they do that between each other.

that is the point.

Wrong, as always.

[...]

Thats wrong too with their mouths.

a snorting horse is a happy horse

That mangles the real story too.

And with camels too.

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 25 October 2018 17:03:23 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

yuo are probbly an expert on horse **** too, but little else so why not go and shovel it where it belongs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y