Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Left brain...Right brain. Heh Heh!

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 17:48:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 22 October 2018 16:28:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Really, how is it that I can contra rotate my fingers in front of me
and
many others cannot? I've never understood that one, somebody said
its a left and right brain thing. I say, rubbish, its some kind of
learned
thing, probably from a long forgotten task I had to do.

I'm not sure what contra rotate my fingers is,

I assume he meant turn something clockwise
with one hand and anticlockwise simultaneously
with the other hand. You need to do that a bit
with some stuff like lathes etc.

I do that when stiring two cups of tea at the same time.
Drumers also have this sort of skill as do others, it's a skill that can
be learnt.

Its also something that comes naturally to some and not others.

Yes just like any skill some have it some learn it some are better than others at it.

Its something some find much easier than others.

Same with any skill.

But plenty can never manage some skills.

and you certainly know that don't you.

might have been some sort of compunication

Much more likely to be so the animal can hear things better.

I know horses use ear movemnts to communicate.

Not just horses, cats and some dogs do too.

Only horses have been found to use it for communication rather than hearing..
Dogs and cats haven;t been found to communicate using their ears to each other horses have.

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...heir-ears-eyes

Sure, but thats true of facial expressions too.

Not as much, in humans perhaps but not horses.