Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Left brain...Right brain. Heh Heh!

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 17:48:46 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 22 October 2018 16:28:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Really, how is it that I can contra rotate my fingers in
front
of
me
and
many others cannot? I've never understood that one, somebody
said
its a left and right brain thing. I say, rubbish, its some
kind
of
learned
thing, probably from a long forgotten task I had to do.

I'm not sure what contra rotate my fingers is,

I assume he meant turn something clockwise
with one hand and anticlockwise simultaneously
with the other hand. You need to do that a bit
with some stuff like lathes etc.

I do that when stiring two cups of tea at the same time.
Drumers also have this sort of skill as do others, it's a skill
that
can
be learnt.

Its also something that comes naturally to some and not others.

Yes just like any skill some have it some learn it some are better
than
others at it.

Its something some find much easier than others.

Same with any skill.

But plenty can never manage some skills.

and you certainly know that don't you.

might have been some sort of compunication

Much more likely to be so the animal can hear things better.

I know horses use ear movemnts to communicate.

Not just horses, cats and some dogs do too.

Only horses have been found to use it for communication rather than
hearing.
Dogs and cats haven;t been found to communicate using their ears to
each
other horses have.

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...heir-ears-eyes

Just because some fools claim something...

Sure, but thats true of facial expressions too.

Not as much, in humans perhaps but not horses.

But dogs and cats do.

Not to any great extent, that we as humans understadn

Thats bull**** when they show that they accept that
you are the boss with what they do with their ears etc.

But not between each other,

Corse they do that between each other.

that is the point.

Wrong, as always.

and they don;t communicate with each other in that way.

Thats bull**** too. You clearly dont have a ****ing clue about dogs.

When was the last time you saw a cat or dog blow a kiss to another.

Thats just one way of doing it that they dont do. They have others
that humans dont do much like presenting their arse to be sniffed
with dogs.

Yes they use differnt ways of communicating
between humans and dogs and dogs and dogs.

Wrong, as always.

When have they winked at each other,

Ditto. Yes, humans do it a lot more than dogs or horses, but
its silly and pig ignorant to claim that dogs dont do it a tall.
The reason some breeds like Samoyeds have a reputation for
being unpredictable is that they have rather less mobile
faces than some other breeds and so humans dont notice
when they are likely to bite you and get bitten that way.

But horses use their ears to communicat not their mouths or faces,

Thats wrong too with their mouths.

a snorting horse is a happy horse

That mangles the real story too.

And with camels too.