Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storage heater insulation

*Have some old storage heaters in use, has anyone been able to replace the
insulation pad, as when we take the insides out to renew the element the pad
is very thin and powdery. Cannot find new pads anywhere. Thanks folks.*

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1320389-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 October 2018 21:44:04 UTC+1, Kenneth wrote:
*Have some old storage heaters in use, has anyone been able to replace the
insulation pad, as when we take the insides out to renew the element the pad
is very thin and powdery. Cannot find new pads anywhere. Thanks folks.*

Fibreglass goes pretty high on temperature. I hope it's not asbestos.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 October 2018 21:44:04 UTC+1, Kenneth wrote:
*Have some old storage heaters in use, has anyone been able to replace the
insulation pad, as when we take the insides out to renew the element the pad
is very thin and powdery. Cannot find new pads anywhere. Thanks folks.*

Didn't take me very long to google storage heater insulation

http://www.storageheater.co.uk/catal...insulation+pad

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Depends how old they are. Mine are relatively recent and the insulation
looks a bit like stuff you get in lofts!

Maybe we could get Donald Trump to flog us some old space shuttle tiles? :-)
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Monday, 15 October 2018 21:44:04 UTC+1, Kenneth wrote:
*Have some old storage heaters in use, has anyone been able to replace
the
insulation pad, as when we take the insides out to renew the element the
pad
is very thin and powdery. Cannot find new pads anywhere. Thanks folks.*

Fibreglass goes pretty high on temperature. I hope it's not asbestos.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:15:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, 15 October 2018 21:44:04 UTC+1, Kenneth wrote:
*Have some old storage heaters in use, has anyone been able to replace the
insulation pad, as when we take the insides out to renew the element the pad
is very thin and powdery. Cannot find new pads anywhere. Thanks folks.*

Didn't take me very long to google storage heater insulation

http://www.storageheater.co.uk/catal...insulation+pad

Owain

I /added/ rock wool insulation to mine; the pad was in good condition but
the front got hot and most of the heat had gone before evening. After extra
insulation it still had heat at bedtime.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away