Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default What's this connector name?

What's a better name than "4 pin latched flat" for this type of connector?

http://www.yourduino.com/sunshop/images/products/large_186_4pinbk2.jpg

I see Landwin 2570S (specifically 2570S0403) but is that the original
manufacturer, or just a Taiwanese compatible?

http://www.landwin.com.tw/SubSeries-en.php?MainType=2&Sub1Type=3&SrsId=134
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Andy Burns wrote:

What's a better name than "4 pin latched flat" for this type of connector?
http://www.yourduino.com/sunshop/images/products/large_186_4pinbk2.jpg

I remembered the same type of plug was (one of the various types) used
for CD audio into sound cards, and that turned up the name MPC2 ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Andy Burns wrote:

What's a better name than "4 pin latched flat" for this type of
connector?
http://www.yourduino.com/sunshop/images/products/large_186_4pinbk2.jpg

I remembered the same type of plug was (one of the various types) used
for CD audio into sound cards, and that turned up the name MPC2 ...

Which in reality is a Molex 50-57-9404
SL Crimp Housing, Single Row, Version G, Positive Latch, 4 Circuits
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

What's a better name than "4 pin latched flat" for this type of
connector?
http://www.yourduino.com/sunshop/images/products/large_186_4pinbk2.jpg

I remembered the same type of plug was (one of the various types) used
for CD audio into sound cards, and that turned up the name MPC2 ...

Which in reality is a Molex 50-57-9404
SL Crimp Housing, Single Row, Version G, Positive Latch, 4 Circuits

In the past, I've found molex to be happy to provide 1 off samples FOC
if that will help you - I think it was via their website.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Bob Minchin wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Molex 50-57-9404

In the past, I've found molex to be happy to provide 1 off samples FOC
if that will help you - I think it was via their website.

I've scavenged a couple from old cables ... needed for an internal USB
hub that's using odd-ball connectors

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
What's a better name than "4 pin latched flat" for this type of connector?

http://www.yourduino.com/sunshop/images/products/large_186_4pinbk2.jpg

There isnt one except the brand name.