Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default What's the name of this connector

My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer photos and
videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end and a "strange
looking" connector on the other... A couple fo photos of it can be found
he

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get hold of
another cable.

TIA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

JoeJoe wrote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or
HDMI cables are available in the shops ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
JoeJoe wrote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or HDMI
cables are available in the shops ...

Sorry, but still can't find any. Care to share a link(s) please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
OG OG is offline

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
JoeJoe wrote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or
HDMI cables are available in the shops ...

Sorry, but still can't find any. Care to share a link(s) please?

http://www.nextag.co.uk/Ex-Pro-USB-D...uk/prices-html

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpght...com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get hold of
another cable.

TIA.

try ebay

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

JoeJoe wrote:

"Andy wrote

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or HDMI
cables are available in the shops ...

Sorry, but still can't find any. Care to share a link(s) please?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/280465029277

http://cablestation.co.uk/usb-560800-B0015AZ9QO-Ex_Pro_Panasonic_Lumix_Digital_Camera_USB_Cable_Le ad_Specific_replacement_part_K1HA08CD0013_for_DMC_ FX3_DMC_FX12_DMC_FX20_DMC_FX30_DMC_FX33_DMC_FZ8_DM C_L10_DMC_LS60_DMC_LS70_DMC_LS75_DMC_LZ1_DMC_LZ10_

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

In article , JoeJoe
writes

My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer photos and
videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end and a "strange
looking" connector on the other... A couple fo photos of it can be found
he

Why did they have to come up with yet another fecking proprietary
connector when a mini-USB B would have been just as good?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer photos
and videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end and a
"strange looking" connector on the other... A couple fo photos of it can
be found he

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get hold of
another cable.

TIA.

I have a TZ7 which has the same connector.

But I can't be arsed with all that so I just take the SD card out and plug
it in to a USB card reader to download the files on to a PC

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"OG" wrote in message

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
JoeJoe wrote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or
HDMI cables are available in the shops ...

Sorry, but still can't find any. Care to share a link(s) please?

http://www.nextag.co.uk/Ex-Pro-USB-D...uk/prices-html

Cheers - that's the one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news
JoeJoe wrote:

"Andy wrote

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or
HDMI
cables are available in the shops ...

Sorry, but still can't find any. Care to share a link(s) please?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/280465029277

http://cablestation.co.uk/usb-560800-B0015AZ9QO-Ex_Pro_Panasonic_Lumix_Digital_Camera_USB_Cable_Le ad_Specific_replacement_part_K1HA08CD0013_for_DMC_ FX3_DMC_FX12_DMC_FX20_DMC_FX30_DMC_FX33_DMC_FZ8_DM C_L10_DMC_LS60_DMC_LS70_DMC_LS75_DMC_LZ1_DMC_LZ10_

Although suggested in the title, both are not the correct ones...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Phil Jessop" wrote in message
o.uk...

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer photos
and videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end and a
"strange looking" connector on the other... A couple fo photos of it can
be found he

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get hold of
another cable.

TIA.

I have a TZ7 which has the same connector.

But I can't be arsed with all that so I just take the SD card out and plug
it in to a USB card reader to download the files on to a PC

Phil

With the manuals with both my Panasonic cameras FZ7, and FZ8 is a section in the front
with all the parts and the part nos. Including any connector cables batteries etc.
If you Google* the part no. you should be able to find a supplier of generic alternative
cables or the pricey Panasonic original if you prefer.

*The part nos are all quite long and so care may be needed to get them correct.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On Sat, 29 May 2010 13:34:10 +0100
"Phil Jessop" wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer
photos and videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end
and a "strange looking" connector on the other... A couple fo
photos of it can be found he

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get
hold of another cable.

TIA.

I have a TZ7 which has the same connector.

But I can't be arsed with all that so I just take the SD card out and
plug it in to a USB card reader to download the files on to a PC

Phil

Absolutely. Faster and simpler, and doesn't use battery power either.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Davey" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2010 13:34:10 +0100
"Phil Jessop" wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer
photos and videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end
and a "strange looking" connector on the other... A couple fo
photos of it can be found he

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get
hold of another cable.

TIA.

I have a TZ7 which has the same connector.

But I can't be arsed with all that so I just take the SD card out and
plug it in to a USB card reader to download the files on to a PC

Phil

Absolutely. Faster and simpler, and doesn't use battery power either.

I tend to agree. However, the only reason I use the cable is because the
door doesn't seem as sturdy and robust as the one on my 9 year old Sony that
is as good as new after almost daily use during that time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On Sat, 29 May 2010 17:21:38 +0100
"JoeJoe" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2010 13:34:10 +0100
"Phil Jessop" wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

In that case you're excused!

Thinking about it, mine would probably work even if the door fell off,
both the battery and the card are held in place anyway.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Why did they have to come up with yet another fecking proprietary
connector when a mini-USB B would have been just as good?

Because you can't get HDMI out of a usb connector?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer photos
and videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end and a
"strange looking" connector on the other... A couple fo photos of it can
be found he

http://i49.tinypic.com/2crpxzo.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/98se2q.jpg

Any idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get hold of
another cable.

Why not get an SD card reader? I have an internal Sweex 'multicard' reader
in my desktop which I bought, from Amazon for the sort of price I might have
paid for a cable, and my laptop came with an SD card reader. One SD memory
card I bought came with a free reader.

Much more useful IMHO

Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

In article , dennis@home
writes

Because you can't get HDMI out of a usb connector?

OP made no mention of HDMI.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7
(")_(") a go despite what he's said about it...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Rod Rod is offline

On 29/05/2010 20:32, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In , dennis@home
writes

Because you can't get HDMI out of a usb connector?

OP made no mention of HDMI.

True. But perhaps the camera has a single socket that combines USB and
mini-HDMI output? So you choose which to use by which cable you connect?

Actually looks not a million miles from DisplayPort.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , dennis@home
writes

Because you can't get HDMI out of a usb connector?

OP made no mention of HDMI.

No but that's one reason you find a connector with more pins than a usb has
on a camera.

What is an AC3 connector? Peter Hucker Electronics 6 February 15th 09 09:45 AM
Connector for MC? Ted[_9_] Home Repair 4 June 11th 08 04:34 AM
BSP Connector Help [email protected] UK diy 3 June 16th 05 12:16 PM
WC connector Robert UK diy 4 March 8th 05 08:37 AM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM