Default BSP Connector Help

Hello All

I have a 1" BSP male connector (I think!) for the hot and cold water
supply to my thermostatic mixer valve. I am trying to find a female
connector which will screw into this and allow for a 22mm push fit
connection the other side. What is it I need are they called 1" BSP
female connectors?

When I RTFM it stated that I needed suitable brass male iron and swivel
connectors (not supplied) for both the water supply and outlets, what
does that mean, and is this correct considering the hot and cold water
connections have a thread?

The outlets which will be plumbed to a diverter valve and the fixed
shower head have female 1" connections (BSP?) so I need a male
connector which will reduce from 1" to 15mm pushfit.

Help appreciated and TIA

Cheers

Richard

Tony Bryer

In article .com,
wrote:
I have a 1" BSP male connector (I think!) for the hot and cold
water supply to my thermostatic mixer valve.

This sounds unlikely: all the shower mixers (not many admittedly)
I've come across are 1/2" BSP - roughly 3/4" across the threads (when
used with iron pipe the pipe has an internal diameter of 1/2" thus
the name)

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Probably confused the hell out of everyone, anyway I have the solution
now.

Cheers

Richard

Set Square

[...]

Are you sure that it's 1" BSP and not 3/4" BSP? The BSP size refers to the
nominal *inside* diameter of threaded pipe - so the *outside* diameter is
larger than this. 1" BSP has an OD of 1.309" whereas 3/4" BSP has an OD of
1.041"

"Male Iron" and "Female Iron" refer to fittings with male and female BSP
threads - even if they are made of brass!

When a male BSP fitting screws into a female fitting, there are two possible
ways of achieving a seal. If the fittings are tapered, they seal on the
threads - with the help of PTFE tape wrapped round the threads. If they are
parallel, the male fitting has a flange - with a washer between it and the
face of the female fitting. So you need to know what you have got before
buying the other half!

Assuming that what you have is 3/4" and not 1", you can probably connect
your male fittings to your pipework using push-fit tap connectors such as
Part# 7089 from
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/
--
Cheers,