Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Connector for MC?

I have already bought it, but am just curious.

HD had 4 different box connectors. Cheap ones for NM, BX, and BX/AC, and an
expensive one for MC.

The electrical clerk recommended the NM, but that didn't seem right. I was
tempted by the cheap BX clamps, but took the MC since I only needed two of
them anyhow.

Would code require the ones labeled MC, or would the BX have been adequate?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ted" wrote in message
I have already bought it, but am just curious.

HD had 4 different box connectors. Cheap ones for NM, BX, and BX/AC, and
an expensive one for MC.

The electrical clerk recommended the NM, but that didn't seem right. I was
tempted by the cheap BX clamps, but took the MC since I only needed two of
them anyhow.

Would code require the ones labeled MC, or would the BX have been
adequate? NEC requires MC connectors to be used with MC cable, BX
connectors are not acceptable

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Ted" wrote:
I have already bought it, but am just curious.

HD had 4 different box connectors. Cheap ones for NM, BX, and BX/AC, and an
expensive one for MC.

The electrical clerk recommended the NM, but that didn't seem right.

It wasn't. Generally speaking, advice from clerks in HD, Lowes, etc. is worth
exactly what you pay for it.

I was
tempted by the cheap BX clamps, but took the MC since I only needed two of
them anyhow.

Would code require the ones labeled MC,

Yes.

or would the BX have been adequate?

No. If the BX clamps were adequate for use with MC, they'd be identified for
use with MC. They're not, so they aren't.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The clamps marked NM is solely for romex, not BX, because if you
compare it to a BX clamp, there is a stop preventing the cable from
going through. This is necessary on BX so the anti-short bushing
(little red plastic at the end) will not fall out. If you use BX on an
NM clamp, the anti-short bushing can fall out

Is there a F connector for RG6 that is 90 degrees? miamicuse Home Repair 12 December 3rd 05 04:13 PM
BSP Connector Help [email protected] UK diy 3 June 16th 05 12:16 PM
WC connector Robert UK diy 4 March 8th 05 08:37 AM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM