Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default name that connector

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:08:44 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Screw terminal lugs?

I've never seen the missing D's available separately. See McMaster
page 753 for the complete lugs.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Screw terminal lugs?

I've never seen the missing D's available separately. See McMaster
page 753 for the complete lugs.

What gauge wire are they designed to handle, and brand disconnect?

Decades ago, I replaced the single hole allen screw type on my house
fused disconnect with doubles to take off power to a small shop. Those
are readily available, for sizes like 2/0, CU and AL rated. I suspect
these are smaller?

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Screw terminal lugs?

I've never seen the missing D's available separately. See McMaster
page 753 for the complete lugs.

Yep, if that offset lug is two pieces, looks like it might be, i need
the part with the set screw. I'll order one. Thanks
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/753/=9bym3z

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Karl,

Burndy is the word for that sort of stuff. Product is available at
any good electrical wholesaler.

http://www.burndy.com/

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXX

wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Karl

What's the name of this connector JoeJoe UK diy 19 May 29th 10 10:33 PM
What is an AC3 connector? Peter Hucker Electronics 6 February 15th 09 09:45 AM
Connector for MC? Ted[_9_] Home Repair 4 June 11th 08 04:34 AM
WC connector Robert UK diy 4 March 8th 05 08:37 AM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM