DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   name that connector (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/311873-name-connector.html)

Karl Townsend October 18th 10 06:08 PM

name that connector

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Karl

Ned Simmons October 18th 10 06:24 PM

name that connector

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:08:44 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Screw terminal lugs?

I've never seen the missing D's available separately. See McMaster
page 753 for the complete lugs.

--
Ned Simmons

Pete Keillor October 18th 10 07:16 PM

name that connector

wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Screw terminal lugs?

I've never seen the missing D's available separately. See McMaster
page 753 for the complete lugs.

What gauge wire are they designed to handle, and brand disconnect?

Decades ago, I replaced the single hole allen screw type on my house
fused disconnect with doubles to take off power to a small shop. Those
are readily available, for sizes like 2/0, CU and AL rated. I suspect
these are smaller?

Pete Keillor

Karl Townsend October 18th 10 08:10 PM

name that connector

wrote:

The main disconnect in my electrical box has three small parts
missing. Its for connecting incoming wires to the three 1/2" wide
spade terminals. The connector sort of looks like the letter D with a
tightening bolt and cap going through it like this: -D

I can't find these. Not knowing the name is a major hindrance. Can you
name it and/or suggest where to buy?

Screw terminal lugs?

I've never seen the missing D's available separately. See McMaster
page 753 for the complete lugs.

Yep, if that offset lug is two pieces, looks like it might be, i need
the part with the set screw. I'll order one. Thanks
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/753/=9bym3z

Karl

Brian Lawson October 18th 10 08:49 PM

name that connector

Hey Karl,

Burndy is the word for that sort of stuff. Product is available at
any good electrical wholesaler.

http://www.burndy.com/

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.