Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need name of strange connector

I'm trying to replace the defrost heater in a Whirlpool fridge/freezer.
The calrod heater delivered yesterday has no connectors on the wire
leads, and I don't know where to get them or what to call them.

Description -- These crimp-on connectors are similar to the familiar
spade connectors, but the ends are rounded, bullet-like, to the same
diameter as the wire. They plug into the rear wall of the freezer above
the freezer coils. Couldn't be simpler, but I never saw them before.

It always helps to know the exact name of what you're looking for,
either on the phone or on Google, so would someone tell me what they're
called? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
JPM

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

DemoDisk wrote:
I'm trying to replace the defrost heater in a Whirlpool fridge/freezer.
The calrod heater delivered yesterday has no connectors on the wire
leads, and I don't know where to get them or what to call them.

Description -- These crimp-on connectors are similar to the familiar
spade connectors, but the ends are rounded, bullet-like, to the same
diameter as the wire. They plug into the rear wall of the freezer above
the freezer coils. Couldn't be simpler, but I never saw them before.

It always helps to know the exact name of what you're looking for,
either on the phone or on Google, so would someone tell me what they're
called? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
JPM

As in bullet crimp connector? eg.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...Id=2103498&cp=

You might find them in auto parts stores in heavier duty versions than
radioshack.

JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:16:13 -0500, "DemoDisk"
wrote:

I'm trying to replace the defrost heater in a Whirlpool fridge/freezer.
The calrod heater delivered yesterday has no connectors on the wire
leads, and I don't know where to get them or what to call them.

Description -- These crimp-on connectors are similar to the familiar
spade connectors, but the ends are rounded, bullet-like, to the same
diameter as the wire. They plug into the rear wall of the freezer above
the freezer coils. Couldn't be simpler, but I never saw them before.

It always helps to know the exact name of what you're looking for,
either on the phone or on Google, so would someone tell me what they're
called? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
JPM

Can you post an image? (both, the old heater, and the new one)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Archon" wrote in message
m...
DemoDisk wrote:
[...]

Good link, JC. Interestingly, I was at RatShack this afternoon and the
guy said they don't carry those connectors, yet there's the very item on
their website!

Connector for MC? Ted[_9_] Home Repair 4 June 11th 08 05:34 AM
BSP Connector Help [email protected] UK diy 3 June 16th 05 01:16 PM
WC connector Robert UK diy 4 March 8th 05 09:37 AM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 08:50 PM