Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Diamond Card

B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 02/08/2018 16:26, Peter Johnson wrote:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

I only picked up my card a week ago. Not used it yet. What a waste of time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

On 02/08/2018 16:26, Peter Johnson wrote:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

It also said 10% discount in their cafes!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
On 02/08/2018 16:26, Peter Johnson wrote:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

I only picked up my card a week ago. Not used it yet. What a waste of time.

It always was a waste of time imho, the discount brought their
smaller store prices back to nearly where they should be when
compared to other similar retailers, but still more than
preferred others. ISTR you couldn't use them at mega stores as
their pricing was mysteriously lower in the first
place?!

Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2018 16:26, Peter Johnson wrote:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

Translation: they are in trouble and soon to go bust!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2018 18:46, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
On 02/08/2018 16:26, Peter Johnson wrote:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

I only picked up my card a week ago. Not used it yet. What a waste of time.

It always was a waste of time imho, the discount brought their
smaller store prices back to nearly where they should be when
compared to other similar retailers, but still more than
preferred others. ISTR you couldn't use them at mega stores as
their pricing was mysteriously lower in the first
place?!

You couldn't use them on any item that was already on "offer" even
though the offer price was a lot higher than other retailers.

Even on gardening items the card was not valid for buy 3 for £10 type
promotions if the individual item was priced at, say, £4

Posted to uk.d-i-y

B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.

Can you clarify please.

Do you mean that ONLY gardening products will receive a 10% discount,
or gardening products will be excluded from the scheme?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 02 Aug 2018 21:41:51 +0100, Biggles wrote:

I thought they issued the diamond card to track customer buying
habits, but seems they couldn't make that work for them.

Originally it was just an over 60s concession card. Then they started
issuing them to everyone; I think there were promises of potential
benefits, but I never saw any.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Johnson Wrote in message:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

Struggling or has their main competitor in the diy market
(Homebase) just failed (I assume they are technically still
trading, but it's a dead duck). Neither of them deserved any
customers, but for many there is little choice.

I thought they issued the diamond card to track customer buying
habits, but seems they couldn't make that work for
them.

Useless bunch, give me a traditional ironmongers every time.
--
Biggles

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2018 21:56, Graham. wrote:
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.

Can you clarify please.

Do you mean that ONLY gardening products will receive a 10% discount,
or gardening products will be excluded from the scheme?

Only (some) gardening products and cafe food will get the discount.

Gardening products on offer are already excluded so it's only if you buy
a very over-priced single garden product at "FULL PRICE" you get the 10%
discount. In general, they are slashing a £30 price to £25 so the
diamond card is valueless for the product so you may as well go and buy
the equivalent product elsewhere for £15.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2018 11:12, Jimbo wrote:
"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
B&Q must be struggling.
I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday
Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products.
Instead, they say, they will be lowering prices generally and running
fewer price promotions and discount offers.

stuff them .....

I only use them as a place of last resort. Their pricing on some "on
offer" gardening items such as potting compost is comparable with local
gardening centres and the occasional one off bag of building sand is the
same if factoring in petrol costs/time to get it elsewhere locally.
Otherwise I source from other retailers - Screwfix and Toolstation are
nearer.