Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Annoying Parker ballpens

I have quite a few of these, the ones with button on top. The button
works fine to get the point out into the writting position, but press
again to retract the point and quite often they jam with the point even
further out. Has anyone found a fix for this annoying problem?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/18 08:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I have quite a few of these, the ones with button on top. The button
works fine to get the point out into the writting position, but press
again to retract the point and quite often they jam with the point even
further out. Has anyone found a fix for this annoying problem?

Bic?

I have a non-Parker biro doing this. I soaked the button end mechanism
in isopropyl alcohol to remove all traces of ink (messy!) and anywhere
else it looked a bit sticky, then gave it some WD-40. It was a little
bit sticky for a day or so but now seems ok.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
I have quite a few of these, the ones with button on top. The button
works fine to get the point out into the writting position, but press
again to retract the point and quite often they jam with the point even
further out. Has anyone found a fix for this annoying problem?

I don't seem to have this problem on genuine Parker ballpens, but have
had it on some Chinese copies.

The thing about these ballpens is that they survive in my trouser
pockets, whereas every other make I've tried breaks up amd usually then
leaks. The Parker design, with a strong plastic front end screwing
inside the steel part, is much stronger than the average.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
I have quite a few of these, the ones with button on top. The button works
fine to get the point out into the writting position, but press again to
retract the point and quite often they jam with the point even further
out. Has anyone found a fix for this annoying problem?

I don't seem to have this problem on genuine Parker ballpens, but have had
it on some Chinese copies.

The thing about these ballpens is that they survive in my trouser pockets,
whereas every other make I've tried breaks up amd usually then leaks. The
Parker design, with a strong plastic front end screwing inside the steel
part, is much stronger than the average.

Not everyone is so obscenely obese.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 19:29:37 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

I don't seem to have this problem on genuine Parker ballpens, but have had
it on some Chinese copies.

The thing about these ballpens is that they survive in my trouser pockets,
whereas every other make I've tried breaks up amd usually then leaks. The
Parker design, with a strong plastic front end screwing inside the steel
part, is much stronger than the average.

Not everyone is so obscenely obese.

Not everyone is an obscenely pesky troll like you, Rot!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 02 Aug 2018 09:21:11 +0100, Bill wrote:

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
I have quite a few of these, the ones with button on top. The button
works fine to get the point out into the writting position, but press
again to retract the point and quite often they jam with the point even
further out. Has anyone found a fix for this annoying problem?

I don't seem to have this problem on genuine Parker ballpens, but have
had it on some Chinese copies.

The thing about these ballpens is that they survive in my trouser
pockets, whereas every other make I've tried breaks up amd usually then
leaks. The Parker design, with a strong plastic front end screwing
inside the steel part, is much stronger than the average.

What you need is one of these! (I have three) Might not be very good for
your pockets, but unlikely to break. I have the propelling pencil too.

And it is sort of DIY relevant...

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/CL19779/cleo-messograf-pen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill brought next idea :
I don't seem to have this problem on genuine Parker ballpens, but have had it
on some Chinese copies.

The thing about these ballpens is that they survive in my trouser pockets,
whereas every other make I've tried breaks up amd usually then leaks. The
Parker design, with a strong plastic front end screwing inside the steel
part, is much stronger than the average.

So far as I am aware they are all genuine, some half plastic, some all
ss and all exhibit the same issue. The only way to get them to retract
when they jam, is to partially undo the barrel. That seems to suggest
it is the 'nib' getting jammed in the barrel.