Brownie

Default Parker Impulse Sealer

Hi,

Bit of a long shot, but you guys have a wide knowledge of
electrical/mechanical things.

At work we have some Parker 'Impulse Sealers' (model IS300). For anyone
that doesn't know they are heat sealers that seal plastic bags across a wire
that heats up.

We are looking to repair one, made by 'Parker'. Can't find them on the
'net. It's only likely to be a small problem.

Anyone any knowledge of this company or anyone that repairs them?

Colin Wilson

Bit of a long shot, but you guys have a wide knowledge of
electrical/mechanical things.
At work we have some Parker 'Impulse Sealers' (model IS300). For anyone
that doesn't know they are heat sealers that seal plastic bags across a wire
that heats up.
We are looking to repair one, made by 'Parker'. Can't find them on the
'net. It's only likely to be a small problem.

Can you describe what isn`t working on it ?

I would have thought typically you`d have the heating element and a
microswitch that operates same when a bag is put in to be sealed and the
lid closed.

That`s how it works on our "baby" domestic one at home anyway...

Lurch

On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:08:35 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Brownie"
strung together this:

Hi,

Bit of a long shot, but you guys have a wide knowledge of
electrical/mechanical things.

At work we have some Parker 'Impulse Sealers' (model IS300). For anyone
that doesn't know they are heat sealers that seal plastic bags across a wire
that heats up.

We are looking to repair one, made by 'Parker'. Can't find them on the
'net. It's only likely to be a small problem.

Anyone any knowledge of this company or anyone that repairs them?

Depends where you are. Can't see there being a major problem with it.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Brownie

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 21:08:35 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Brownie"
strung together this:

Depends where you are. Can't see there being a major problem with it.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

The sealer has stopped heating up. The power light comes on, also a red LED
on a circuit board inside at the bottom lights up, but the heating element
isn't heating. We have checked the connections so something seems to have
failed somewhere. This item is hardly used despite being around 6 years
old.

Because of where I work this will have to be repaired 'properly', usually by
the manufacturer or agent, or professional company. Last night, one of my
colleagues was checking out where we think we bought it a few years ago but
may be open to offers if this falls through. We are in Leicestershire.

Brownie

"Brownie" wrote in message

Realised this brand is 'Packer' not Parker.

geoff

In message , Brownie
writes

"Brownie" wrote in message

Realised this brand is 'Packer' not Parker.

I think that they might be in Dagenham

--
geoff