Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shared TV. Are all quadplexers equal?

Sorting out our future flat and have got to testing the TV.

My senses are offended by a nasty outlet, installed incompetently. It
works though.

https://imgur.com/Cljs6PB
https://imgur.com/Urc4pw4

Since all the rest of the outlets are going to be MK LOGIC I was
thinking of getting an MK K3554DABWHI https://goo.gl/Thcrxi

Am I safe to assume they will be interchangeable? I am assuming these
are passive devices (just containing filtering gubbins). Would that be
correct?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/2018 17:52, Vortex12 wrote:
Sorting out our future flat and have got to testing the TV.

My senses are offended by a nasty outlet, installed incompetently.Â* It
works though.

https://imgur.com/Cljs6PB
https://imgur.com/Urc4pw4

Since all the rest of the outlets are going to be MK LOGIC I was
thinking of getting an MK K3554DABWHIÂ* https://goo.gl/Thcrxi

Am I safe to assume they will be interchangeable?Â* I am assuming these
are passive devices (just containing filtering gubbins). Would that be
correct?

The really ****ty ones will have no screen (metal) box around the
components.
They will be interchangeable and the MK one will be screened. They are
passive.

Are you going to have satellite as well - if so consider check the
quality of that those down-leads. You ideally want to use wf100 type
cable for digital TV and satellite.

Old article so prices are "bit" optimistic.

http://www.wrightsaerials.co.uk/arti...-quality.shtml

The autor, Bill Wright, sometimes still posts to this group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/2018 18:13, alan_m wrote:
[...]

I tested the satellite outputs direct to a small Sony TV we have, that
happens to have a sat tuner. All seems to work OK.

Will put in the MK for now and worry about the quality later on, if
necessary. The TV distribution is a Residents Association thing.

Haven't checked the FM, but on reflection I have nothing to plug it into!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/2018 17:52, Vortex12 wrote:
Sorting out our future flat and have got to testing the TV.

My senses are offended by a nasty outlet, installed incompetently.Â* It
works though.

https://imgur.com/Cljs6PB
https://imgur.com/Urc4pw4

Since all the rest of the outlets are going to be MK LOGIC I was
thinking of getting an MK K3554DABWHIÂ* https://goo.gl/Thcrxi

Am I safe to assume they will be interchangeable?Â* I am assuming these
are passive devices (just containing filtering gubbins). Would that be
correct?

That's at least as good a product as an MK one, electronically. The only
thing is the cables haven't been prepared and fitted properly.

There are some variations in these outlets. As far as I can see the
system you have has all frequencies on one cable and just SAT on the
other, in theory, but in fact it's cheaper to provide all frequencies on
both cables, that's likely what you'll have.
Have you asked about Sky Q?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/2018 21:43, Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

Last time my Sky receiver broke they said they could not repair or
replace it and told me Sky Q was the only option. Extra £12 per month
for one TV in one room felt like extortion.

The good thing is Sky Q has ensured eBay is flooded with S/H
receivers...so I'm sorted at current house. No Q though.

Now I assume your question actually relates to "hybrid" LNB's and
whether the existing flat system emulates them. It's a good question
and I will ask the Management Company person, but expect her to have no
idea what I am talking about. I assume different "gubbins" at the head
end is necessary to make this work....is it expensive?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/03/2018 08:25, Vortex12 wrote:

Now I assume your question actually relates to "hybrid" LNB's and
whether the existing flat system emulates them.Â* It's a good question
and I will ask the Management Company person, but expect her to have no
idea what I am talking about.Â* I assume different "gubbins" at the head
end is necessary to make this work....is it expensive?

Not too bad per dwelling.

Bill