Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Airporte

Default All green sharpening compound created equal?

I'm looking at the micron size progression of my sharpening setup, which
finishes with Formax Micro Fine chromium oxide compound, purchased from
Woodcraft. I noticed that Lee Valley's compound is explicitly stated to
be .5 micron, and I was wondering whether this is the case for all green
compound, or if LV requested this specifically from their manufacturer.

The tools work fine anyway, I'm just splitting hairs...as it were :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Gordon Airporte" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking at the micron size progression of my sharpening setup, which
finishes with Formax Micro Fine chromium oxide compound, purchased from
Woodcraft. I noticed that Lee Valley's compound is explicitly stated to be
.5 micron, and I was wondering whether this is the case for all green
compound, or if LV requested this specifically from their manufacturer.

The tools work fine anyway, I'm just splitting hairs...as it were :-)

No kidding. Actually, most is .406 micron. LV is oversize....