TP

Default all vinyl siding created equal?

Do you think all vinyl siding is equal? I have used Mastic
brand in the past, seems to have held up fine. Now there seems
to be more manufactures then ever. Any opinions on this Royal
building product brand, in particular?

Thanks
TP

http://www.royalbuildingproducts.com/html/main.html
m Ransley

Nothing is " Made equal " in quality.

Spud

But it is
GAUGE: NOMINAL THICKNESS .042"
WIND TESTED TO 160 MPH:
GAUGE: NOMINAL THICKNESS .046"
WIND TESTED TO 240 MPH:
The Windlok 240 feature has been tested to hold secure in winds of up to 240
mph with no wind flap, shifting or tearaway. It's a sure way to get a grip
on bad weather.

Michael Baugh wrote:
Interesting how it isn't listed by thickness like
polyethylene plastic.

TP wrote in message
.. .
Do you think all vinyl siding is equal? I have used Mastic
brand in the past, seems to have held up fine. Now there seems
to be more manufactures then ever. Any opinions on this Royal
building product brand, in particular?

Thanks
TP

http://www.royalbuildingproducts.com/html/main.html

Michael Baugh

You have to look for it. And .042 is a big difference from .055.
http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...ing/side_1.htm

No, not all vinyl siding is created equal.

Mastic's max thickness is .048
http://www.mylesfkelly.com/siding2.htm

Comments on Royal at
http://www.watersweb.com/royalsiding.htm
Specifications available at
http://www.siding4u.com/vinyl-siding-prices.htm

And here's one at .055 nominal thickness.
http://www.superwindows.com/siding.htm

Michael Baugh wrote:
Interesting how it isn't listed by thickness like
polyethylene plastic.

.. .