Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Shared TV. Are all quadplexers equal?

On 27/03/2018 17:52, Vortex12 wrote:
Sorting out our future flat and have got to testing the TV.

My senses are offended by a nasty outlet, installed incompetently.Â* It
works though.

https://imgur.com/Cljs6PB
https://imgur.com/Urc4pw4

Since all the rest of the outlets are going to be MK LOGIC I was
thinking of getting an MK K3554DABWHIÂ* https://goo.gl/Thcrxi

Am I safe to assume they will be interchangeable?Â* I am assuming these
are passive devices (just containing filtering gubbins). Would that be
correct?

That's at least as good a product as an MK one, electronically. The only
thing is the cables haven't been prepared and fitted properly.

There are some variations in these outlets. As far as I can see the
system you have has all frequencies on one cable and just SAT on the
other, in theory, but in fact it's cheaper to provide all frequencies on
both cables, that's likely what you'll have.
Have you asked about Sky Q?

Bill