Nehmo Sergheyev

Default How much to repair roof leak

- Jim Kee -
I live in a house in UK. Recently the weather has been very bad -
storms, heavy rain and snow. I noticed that my roof is leaking and I
am very worried about it. Does anyone in this group live in UK

- Nehmo -
Probably
I crossposted news:uk.d-i-y . There're a lot of UK NGs that really
shouldn't be NGs on thier own. The subject matter often isn't
geographically different form that of America (this includes the
Canada). I think it has something to do with the UK attitude that they
are somehow special.

But there some differences with roofs between the UK and America. Lead
roof are unheard of over here. No one over here has a sprocketed roof
(small sharp upturn at the eave). "Eave through" means gutter. And, of
course, some UK roofs are much older than anything in America.

- Jim Kee -
and has had a similar problem?

- Nehmo -
Has anyone had a roof leak? Sure. You have to be more specific. What
type of roof do you have? Do you know where the leak is?

- Jim Kee -
Does s/he know what to do to resolve it?

- Nehmo -
Yes.

- Jim Kee -
Is this a professional job?

- Nehmo -
It depends. Are you afraid of heights? How dear is your money to you?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
I crossposted news:uk.d-i-y . There're a lot of UK NGs that really
shouldn't be NGs on thier own. The subject matter often isn't
geographically different form that of America (this includes the
Canada). I think it has something to do with the UK attitude that they
are somehow special.

Many questions here refer to the specifics of electrical wiring, plumbing
and heating. And they're all rather different from NA. As are questions
about power tools, etc.

Woodworking etc questions might be similar on both sides of the pond - but
DIY in general, not.

--
* What do they call a coffee break at the Lipton Tea Company? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Fibreglass flat roof Peter Balcombe UK diy 10 January 30th 04 09:56 PM
Roof design problem Niel A. Farrow UK diy 0 January 26th 04 10:02 PM
Flat roof Peter Balcombe UK diy 0 January 25th 04 12:27 PM
Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please none none UK diy 17 January 14th 04 07:20 PM
Garden Shed Roof Leaking News UK diy 3 November 6th 03 09:05 PM