Peter Balcombe

Default Flat roof

OK so I am cheating as I don't like heights and will get the job done for me
but I would still like some advice.

I have a large rear flat roof loft extension (roof circa 22 foot by 18
foot) which was constructed in 1980 making my semi detached bungalow into a
two storey building. It was reroofed about 7-8 years ago and is currently in
good condition. I had left it too long and got leakage so the work involved
replacement of boards, insulation etc. I am anxious not to leave it too long
again and as I have insurance policies due to mature within the next year am
adding recovering the roof to the list of projects.

The roof is currently covered in bitumen felt which I understand to have a
life of 10-15 years. I note that firms installing fibreglass flat roofs talk
of a 25 year life. As I am 57 I am attracted to the prospect of not having
to bother with flat roof repairs again in my life!

My questions are :-

Are fibre glass roofs as durable and problem free as claimed? Are there any
downsides?

What would be a realistic budget cost - I live on the fringes of Norwich?

National company or local roofing contractor?

There is a very slight fall on the roof and to date I have only had problems
when the felt failed rather than from water creep.

Installing recessed lighting in a Celotex insulated flat roof SteveRoche UK diy 6 January 9th 05 02:58 PM
Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please none none UK diy 17 January 14th 04 07:20 PM
Flat Roof & Adding Value MrHappyChap UK diy 6 November 3rd 03 09:57 AM
Flat Roof Side Window Gary Holt UK diy 1 October 6th 03 07:49 PM
flat roof - slope for run off duncan UK diy 3 July 13th 03 02:55 PM