Niel A. Farrow

Default Roof design problem

Dear All,

I have a roofing problem. Roof diagram is below and I'd really appreciate
some advice.

v = valley, x = pitch roof apex, l and - are walls, P = problem.

rear of house
------------------------x----------
l v x l
l v x l
l v x single l
l v x storey l
l garage vx rear l
lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ext. l
l pitched roof Vx l
l V x l
l V x l
l V x l
l V x l
l-------------P---------x----------------
l l l l
l flat roof l OIL l original l
l area of l TANK l 2-storey l
l garage l l part of l
-------------l l house l
garage door

I would like to extend the pitch roof along the side of the house to cover
the area of the oil tank - this will be a utility room etc.

The problem - the valley (marked in capital 'V') ends below the level of
the flat part of the garage roof, at point P.

Solution:
1. rotate valley 'V' (pivoting where it meets roof ridge) up.
2. build approx. 2 brick high wall on top of garage wall (on the rhs of
the flat part of garage roof) to support new wall plate.
3. extend wall plate to meet new location of valley.

Sorry, it may be rather meaningless unless you can see it but thought I'd
ask anyway.

If anyone can understand, is this a solution and what may be better designs?

Thank you,
Neil

20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] ( Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProject Express v4S), Big Hammer Do It Yourself(Deck Designer v1, Fence Designer v5, P TEL UK diy 1 May 24th 05 05:09 PM
Slate Roof With No Underfelt - A Problem?? SuzySue UK diy 25 January 16th 04 06:57 PM
Flat roof in Western Scotland - your opinion please none none UK diy 17 January 14th 04 08:20 PM
roof ventilation Johan UK diy 2 December 10th 03 10:49 PM
Garden Shed Roof Leaking News UK diy 3 November 6th 03 10:05 PM