Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mr forger seems to have got his spammer stuck.

Maybe he has a virus.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Maybe he has a virus.
Brian

Eh?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2018 20:30, jim wrote:
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Maybe he has a virus.
Brian

Eh?

He means the forger has put the same message up umpteen times.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2018 23:06, Bill Wright wrote:
On 31/01/2018 20:30, jim wrote:
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Maybe he has a virus.
Â* Brian

Eh?

He means the forger has put the same message up umpteen times.

Bill

Err, I were thinkin' like... Does it work like this? Punter gets
interested, sends real money to forger. Forger does not reply (because
he isn't a forger at all). Punter can't very well go to the cops and
say, "I've send some money off to buy some forged banknotes and they
haven't arrived. Could you look into it please?"

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 23:10:04 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 31/01/2018 23:06, Bill Wright wrote:

He means the forger has put the same message up umpteen times.

Bill

Err, I were thinkin' like... Does it work like this? Punter gets
interested, sends real money to forger. Forger does not reply (because
he isn't a forger at all). Punter can't very well go to the cops and
say, "I've send some money off to buy some forged banknotes and they
haven't arrived. Could you look into it please?"

Bill

of course. Even if they had forged notes, what would be the point in sending them once paid. They're plainly in the business of ripping folk off after all.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No just deleted a whole load of duplicate spam from this group all about
fake money, and various witty replies from members, not wanting to be left
out, I merely added a new thread commenting on it. I did not expect anyone
else to add to the daftness or otherwise. I guess its like the please
ignore this post syndrome again. Its as we used to say, a red rag to a bull
who are mostly colour blind so never did understand the proverb.

Most of the bulls I have encountered are not really bothered unless you
deliberately upset them.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"jim" k wrote in message
o.uk...
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Maybe he has a virus.
Brian

Eh?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No idea but whatever it is, its just plain silly for the reasons you
mention. its hardly rocket science to come up with lots of scams this sort
of post is part of. I guess there really is one born every minute in some
place in the world.
Is it really any different to the dead Ugandan politicion with funds stuck
somewhere that the wife needs to get at?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
news
On 31/01/2018 20:30, jim wrote:
"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
Maybe he has a virus.
Brian

Eh?

He means the forger has put the same message up umpteen times.

Bill

Err, I were thinkin' like... Does it work like this? Punter gets
interested, sends real money to forger. Forger does not reply (because he
isn't a forger at all). Punter can't very well go to the cops and say,
"I've send some money off to buy some forged banknotes and they haven't
arrived. Could you look into it please?"

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01-Feb-18 9:06 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
No just deleted a whole load of duplicate spam from this group all about
fake money, and various witty replies from members, not wanting to be left
out, I merely added a new thread commenting on it. I did not expect anyone
else to add to the daftness or otherwise. I guess its like the please
ignore this post syndrome again.

It is particularly confusing to those of us who have not seen any the
posts you refer to.

Its as we used to say, a red rag to a bull
who are mostly colour blind so never did understand the proverb.

Most of the bulls I have encountered are not really bothered unless you
deliberately upset them.

It is cows that are the most likely to attack, although the vets I used
to know never trusted Charolais bulls.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/18 09:38, Nightjar wrote:
On 01-Feb-18 9:06 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
No just deleted a whole load of duplicate spam from this group all about
fake money, and various witty replies from members, not wanting to be
left
out, I merely added a new thread commenting on it. I did not expect
anyone
elseÂ* to add to the daftness or otherwise. I guess its like the please
ignore this post syndrome again.

It is particularly confusing to those of us who have not seen any the
posts you refer to.

Its as we used to say, a red rag to a bull
who are mostly colour blind so never did understand theÂ* proverb.

The red cloak is traditional in bullfighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD5Uz6i8who

Most of the bulls I have encountered are not really bothered unless you
deliberately upset them.

It is cows that are the most likely to attack, although the vets I used
to know never trusted Charolais bulls.

That depends on how many spears you have stuck in them

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
Most of the bulls I have encountered are not really bothered unless you
deliberately upset them.

It is cows that are the most likely to attack, although the vets I used
to know never trusted Charolais bulls.

I was always taught that it's bulls with dairy cows that are the ones
to be careful of.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01-Feb-18 12:27 PM, Chris Green wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
Most of the bulls I have encountered are not really bothered unless you
deliberately upset them.

It is cows that are the most likely to attack, although the vets I used
to know never trusted Charolais bulls.

I was always taught that it's bulls with dairy cows that are the ones
to be careful of.

Unless you are working on the farm, you shouldn't be in a field that has
a bull of a recognised dairy breed that is more than 10 months old in
it. They are banned from fields crossed by public paths.

The figures for the years 2000-2015 shows that 18 members of the public,
all on public footpaths, were killed by cattle. One death is alleged to
have involved a bull, but this was not proven in Court. Ten involved
cows with calves. All but one walker had a dog with them and, with the
exception of one man who had wandered away from a family group, they
were all lone walkers or were accompanied by only one other person.

OTOH, half of the 56 cattle related deaths of farm workers involved a bull.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01-Feb-18 7:19 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Either way then keep clear of cattle and certainly do not cross a field with
them in if you have a dog.

The biggest mistake is not letting the dog go if being threatened by
cattle. They stand a much better chance of outrunning cows and you cease
to be a threat without it.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Feb 2018 22:17:50 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 01-Feb-18 7:19 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Either way then keep clear of cattle and certainly do not cross a field with
them in if you have a dog.

The biggest mistake is not letting the dog go if being threatened by
cattle. They stand a much better chance of outrunning cows and you cease
to be a threat without it.

The big mistake is having the dog in the first place.

I guess that depends on just how much you are relying on it to say,
round up your sheep, sniff out drugs / guns / cash / disease, guide
the blind, assist people in the home or just go for a 10 mile walk
with you.

Being a Brexiteer you are probably getting confused and it's cats that
we could all do without, especially re those people who do own gardens
but don't actually own cats.

Actually the cat lover - Brexiteer parallel goes even further ... like
Brexiteers, cats 'owners' want the benefits (like being able to let
them out without any real responsibility) but don't want the
responsibility (like making sure they know where they are and what
damage they are doing).

Joking aside g, I wonder if anyone has done a survey of pet
ownership and attitudes towards the EU?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 February 2018 23:26:27 UTC, T i m wrote:

Joking aside g, I wonder if anyone has done a survey of pet
ownership and attitudes towards the EU?

We could also do a survey on what pets kill the most humans.
and if a dog is a mans best friend then that is obviously sexist too :-).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 February 2018 11:12:00 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 1 February 2018 23:26:27 UTC, T i m wrote:

Joking aside g, I wonder if anyone has done a survey of pet
ownership and attitudes towards the EU?

We could also do a survey on what pets kill the most humans.
and if a dog is a mans best friend then that is obviously sexist too :-).

According to the Center of Disease Control, dogs bite 4.5 million in the US every year. There are 78 million dogs in the US. In 2016, 41 people died from dog attacks.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01-Feb-18 11:26 PM, T i m wrote:
Joking aside g, I wonder if anyone has done a survey of pet
ownership and attitudes towards the EU?

A study back in 2010 found that 47.2% of homes with a cat had at least
one person educated to degree level, as compared to 38.4% of homes with
dogs. Education level also had the strongest correlation to the
referendum vote of any measured demographic, with areas that had higher
numbers of degree level educated people being less likely to vote leave.
Hence, if there is any correlation between pet ownership and attitudes
towards Brexit, it is probably that cat owners were more likely to vote
remain.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/18 18:25, Nightjar wrote:
On 01-Feb-18 11:26 PM, T i m wrote:
Joking aside g, I wonder if anyone has done a survey of pet
ownership and attitudes towards the EU?

A study back in 2010 found that 47.2% of homes with a cat had at least
one person educated to degree level, as compared to 38.4% of homes with
dogs. Education level also had the strongest correlation to the
referendum vote of any measured demographic, with areas that had higher
numbers of degree level educated people being less likely to vote leave.
Hence, if there is any correlation between pet ownership and attitudes
towards Brexit, it is probably that cat owners were more likely to vote
remain.

Aren't these surveys so useful?
Perhaps there needs to be one to find out how many people really do give
a toss about the findings of surveys.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:25:10 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

On 01-Feb-18 11:26 PM, T i m wrote:
Joking aside g, I wonder if anyone has done a survey of pet
ownership and attitudes towards the EU?

A study back in 2010 found that 47.2% of homes with a cat had at least
one person educated to degree level, as compared to 38.4% of homes with
dogs. Education level also had the strongest correlation to the
referendum vote of any measured demographic, with areas that had higher
numbers of degree level educated people being less likely to vote leave.
Hence, if there is any correlation between pet ownership and attitudes
towards Brexit, it is probably that cat owners were more likely to vote
remain.

I like the extrapolation. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Saddo Forger at worrk Judith UK diy 39 November 18th 13 12:26 PM
Wiring query--I've got a mental block it seems... dpb Woodworking 18 June 22nd 12 02:57 PM
Wiring query--I've got a mental block it seems... dpb Home Repair 26 June 22nd 12 02:57 PM
idoit spammer left his droppings above swp Woodworking 0 February 7th 09 08:57 PM
FORGERY FORGERY FORGERY ALERT!! THERE ARE FORGERS FORGING RAYMOND RONALD KARCZEWSKI ON THIS FORUM - I DEMAND THE MODERATORS BAN THE FORGER AND LAUNCH AN INVESTIGATION INTO THESE FORGERIES OF A CHRIST - SHERIFF DANIEL ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?!! Raymond Karczewski Home Repair 4 July 11th 06 05:40 PM