Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magnet Kitchens

On 24/01/2018 22:05, Huge wrote:
On 2018-01-24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
On 24/01/18 16:34, Huge wrote:
On 2018-01-24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

[20 lines snipped]

DIY skills have vanished over the last generation (25 years or so).
Very few people under 50 can do any DIY, and as for installing a
kitchen, I think that's probably out of scope for 99% who still
do actually do DIY. Sad...

It is. I have put in two kitchens and two bathrooms in the past, but
would likely not do it again, partly due to age. Next "big" project;
air conditioning in our bedroom.

4 kitchens 5 bathrooms

2 kitchens and 2 bathrooms (and helped with several others).

Jesus, a DIY dicksize contest.

Not sure I can remember them all, which is possibly more worrying...

I think its 6 kitchens, and by the time I have done the bathrooms I am
doing now, it will be about 9 bathrooms (where one of those is the sum
of many bits of ones I have done for others)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

In article ,
On 2018-01-24, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

[20 lines snipped]

DIY skills have vanished over the last generation (25 years or so).
Very few people under 50 can do any DIY, and as for installing a
kitchen, I think that's probably out of scope for 99% who still
do actually do DIY. Sad...

It is. I have put in two kitchens and two bathrooms in the past, but
would likely not do it again, partly due to age. Next "big" project;
air conditioning in our bedroom.

4 kitchens 5 bathrooms

2 kitchens and 2 bathrooms (and helped with several others).

Jesus, a DIY dicksize contest.

Seems you've lost & drawn attention to the fact! :-D

(Tell us how big your ponds are again?)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2018-01-24, John Rumm wrote:
On 24/01/2018 22:05, Huge wrote:

[21 lines snipped]

Jesus, a DIY dicksize contest.

Not sure I can remember them all, which is possibly more worrying...

I think its 6 kitchens, and by the time I have done the bathrooms I am
doing now, it will be about 9 bathrooms (where one of those is the sum
of many bits of ones I have done for others)

Don't you tend to have 3 or 4 of something (say, pop-up wastes) left and
no taps? I know I seem to have a lot of duplication in my "plumbing odds
and sods" box.

Kind of, but I keep enough stock of basic plumbing bits that I can do
most smaller jobs from stock. Same goes for electrical accessories.

Having said that I have had a pair of WC connectors sat in a drawer for
many years, but finally found a use for one the other day - so now the
one I bought which turned out to be to short can go back in the drawer
to replace it ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Fitted Kitchens UK, Best Rate in Fitted Kitchens, Bespoke FittedFurniture fittedkitchenuk Home Repair 0 June 5th 10 03:09 PM
magnet kitchens? Keyser Sose UK diy 34 January 1st 07 09:20 AM
Can I degauss my TV with a magnet? Nick Alexander Electronics Repair 30 April 15th 04 03:57 AM
Rare earth magnet question? Rick Maston Metalworking 14 April 13th 04 03:22 PM
Silicone - Yoke Trimming magnet Jerry Greenberg Electronics Repair 2 August 13th 03 06:10 AM