Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default New Wheeler Dealers

Graham T wrote:
On 07/01/2018 18:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Chris wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 16:36:09 +0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Steve H wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Steve H wrote on 07/01/2018 :
Labour wasn't included because it was a show about the kind of
fettling you could potentially do at home. Hence why Edd would
sometimes say 'you can do this at home, but if you paid for it
to be done it would cost up to £400'.

It was not very often that Edd said this.

Actually, he does, in most episodes.

No he doesn't.

'OH YES HE DOES!'

DON'T SHOUT!
IN THIS MEDIUM SHOUTING IS REGARDED AS BEING RUDE.
ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PIKEYS THAT MRS POUNDER HAS WARNED ME ABOUT?

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 19:02:43 +0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

The Thing was on last night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec

Pity I missed it. It's the only horror film I've ever seen that genuinely
creeped me out. And Carpenter's They Live was amazing for other reasons.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 19:02:43 +0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

The Thing was on last night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec

Pity I missed it. It's the only horror film I've ever seen that
genuinely creeped me out. And Carpenter's They Live was amazing for
other reasons.

Just looked at They Live. I was not impressed. But, never mind.

This was good, Dr Loomis is talking about Peter Hucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzy-1j8vLDk

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 14:31:52 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

But if you want something approaching original on an older car, you can
multiply that a few times.

A bloke near me got his Bristol 411 *totally* re-painted to a very high
standard; it was a brilliant job they'd made of it. But it did cost him
10k.

Yup - that's more like it for a proper job. And remember few cars with
perfect bodies require a repaint. There will usually be damage of one sort
or another to be repaired first.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 22:50:53 +0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

This was good, Dr Loomis is talking about Peter Hucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzy-1j8vLDk

Never heard of either of them. What's the context/relevance?

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 23:35:03 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yup - that's more like it for a proper job. And remember few cars with
perfect bodies require a repaint. There will usually be damage of one
sort or another to be repaired first.

Yes, it can be a total horror story once you start chipping away!

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Steve H wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Steve H wrote on 07/01/2018 :
Labour wasn't included because it was a show about the kind of
fettling you could potentially do at home. Hence why Edd would
sometimes say 'you can do this at home, but if you paid for it
to be done it would cost up to £400'.

It was not very often that Edd said this.

Actually, he does, in most episodes.

No he doesn't.

'OH YES HE DOES!'

DON'T SHOUT!
IN THIS MEDIUM SHOUTING IS REGARDED AS BEING RUDE.
ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE PIKEYS THAT MRS POUNDER HAS WARNED ME ABOUT?

but it's pantomime season.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 23:35:03 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Yup - that's more like it for a proper job. And remember few cars with
perfect bodies require a repaint. There will usually be damage of one
sort or another to be repaired first.

Yes, it can be a total horror story once you start chipping away!

True. It does show the difference between true car restorers and those who
merely pontificate about it in the pub.

--
*What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 13:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Steve H wrote on 07/01/2018 :
Labour wasn't included because it was a show about the kind of fettling
you could potentially do at home. Hence why Edd would sometimes say 'you
can do this at home, but if you paid for it to be done it would cost up
to £400'.

They fixed them up to sell them on, pointless unless ALL of the costs
are included.

TV "producers" don't usually tend to bother with those details (don't
think they include maths in Media Studies degrees).

There have been many home renovation/house flipping programs on TV in
recent years that all followed the same approach ("took 2 years to do up
instead of the promised/planned 2 months? who cares about the extra
£5k in council tax payments during that time...")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
wrote:
Chris wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:05:51 +0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Actually, he does, in most episodes.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does. I admit I've only seen a dozen or so episodes in
total but in the ones going out on Quest at the moment he does.

No he doesn't :-)
I've watched bits for the past too many years. He rarely says this
is a job you can do at home.
Okay, I do get ****ed off when the advertisement appear and I flip
to the Hitler Channel/ Documentaries/ Movie Channel.
The Thing was on last night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec

Don't you have the ability to record so you can watch after it's
started and skip the ads? I haven't watched a single ad since the
VCR was invented.

I do not plan ahead to watch and record entertainment for the
brainless masses as you do, Birdbrain.
There is more going on in my busy life than watching silly
television. There is little going on in your waste of oxygen
existence. Do the nation a favour - kill your stupid self.

Chavs turn on the telly and watch whatever's on. More intelligent
people pick the programs they want in advance, then watch them when
they have spare time.

People who are avid television watches may do this. I am not an avid goggle
box watcher. I have better things to do than sit there watching television.
It would appear that you have not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
wrote:
Chris wrote:
[...]

Wrong, people with lots of other things to do don't wish to be ruled
by TV schedules. We record anything worth watching, then when we
have spare time, we watch what was recorded.

When are you going to understand that I watch VERY little television and
channel flip to find something worth looking at for 30 minutes?
Just because I'm not a telly watcher does not make me less intelligent than
people who watch the box and record the **** that is on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
wrote:
Chris wrote:
[...]

Complete and utter lack of forward planning. Record a few things now
and then, so you can watch them when you like. Things you actually
want to watch. Channel flipping is what chavs and Americans do.

So, your idea of forward planning is watching television? Given your present
circumstances I guess that is the limit of your forward planning ability.
(Did you actually read and understand what I wrote?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
wrote:
[...]

It's one thing I forward plan for. Simply scan through the TV guide
for things I like, and set the series to record. It can then sit on
the box for months until I have a chance to watch it.

Until I have a chance to watch it says the man who can't out of bed before
10am. Pathetic.
So very sad. A sad and lonely television watcher.
You really should get a life.
Noooooooooooo, don't do that! End it now!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Why would I get up in single digit hours? Those are for sleeping.

Tosser.

So very sad. A sad and lonely television watcher.

I watch a better class of telly than Wheeler Dealers. That's daytime
television.

Better class of telly - lol. Tell us all about your better class of goggle
box. You really are a sad lonely little ****

You really should get a life.

I have one, I entered a 13 mile cross country assault course on
Sunday.

Is that a life?
But you are ill and claiming benefits. You keep falling asleep and can't
work. Just another one of your lies.

Noooooooooooo, don't do that! End it now!

Same to you sir. You have retired, therefore you are of no use to
mankind.

You have never been any use to mankind. And never will be.

Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 09:50:31 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Edd came across as the very down to earth capable one. What did annoy me,
was that the fixing up costs at the end, were completely unrealistic. No
labour costs were included, any outsourced work was often at bargain
basement rates and the parts were just so easy to source.

And often new tyres fitted with no mention of them in totting up the costs.

Wheeler Dealers fred[_8_] UK diy 10 July 3rd 12 08:14 PM
STERN-WHEELER J T Woodworking 0 January 14th 07 04:01 AM
OT; 3-wheeler started- the SOLUTION Nick Hull Metalworking 16 April 12th 06 10:56 PM
OT; 3-wheeler doesn't start Nick Hull Metalworking 38 April 11th 06 02:33 AM
plans for "Brush Hog" type mower for 4-wheeler Eric R Snow Metalworking 8 July 18th 03 12:20 PM