Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TRV Price/Quality sweet-spot

As part of a complete heating system overhaul I need to replace the
seized up and non thermostatic valves on 13 Radiators.

I have some previous experience with Drayton and have no issues with
their reliability, (only a 1 yr guarantee but my experience is that they
will last much longer) but at Screwfix prices (for comparison)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-t...d-15mm-x/34362

the cost would be 13*24.99 (£325)

On the other hand the cheapest Screwfix offering

https://www.screwfix.com/p/white-chr...d-15mm-x/31811

(with 1 yr guarantee) would be 13*6.79 (£88.27) (But deep down I would
be expecting to be replacing leaky/stuck valves within 2 or 3 years).

Any thoughts on other brands with optimum cost/reliability would be much
appreciated.

Terrier (5 yr Guarantee and £11 each) and possibly Danfoss look like
they might fit the bill but I have no experience of either.

--
Chris B (News)