Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towel radiator: To TRV or not to TRV? That is the question...

I am in the process of replacing the radiator in our en-suite with a
towel radiator. I fully understand the issue of limited heat output,
particularly when heaped up with towels, however its main purpose is
to dry/warm the towels and any space heating is a bonus.

With this in mind what is the panels opinion on whether or not to fit
a TRV? If the space heating is going to be limited then I imagine the
TRV is not going to play much of a role hence for aesthetic benefit I
am considering going without.

Any thoughts?

Mathew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Mathew Newton wrote:
I am in the process of replacing the radiator in our en-suite with a
towel radiator. I fully understand the issue of limited heat output,
particularly when heaped up with towels, however its main purpose is
to dry/warm the towels and any space heating is a bonus.

With this in mind what is the panels opinion on whether or not to fit
a TRV? If the space heating is going to be limited then I imagine the
TRV is not going to play much of a role hence for aesthetic benefit I
am considering going without.

Any thoughts?

I've got a fairly massive one and it gives out near zero heat when covered
in towels so there'd be no point in having a TRV on it.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I've got a fairly massive one

Fnarr
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I've got a fairly massive one

Fnarr

Bang on cue. ;-)

--
*A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 15, 11:39 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I've got a fairly massive one and it gives out near zero heat when covered
in towels so there'd be no point in having a TRV on it.

Thanks Dave, John - I'll go without.

Cheers,

Mathew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Mathew Newton writes
wrote:

I've got a fairly massive one and it gives out near zero heat when covered
in towels so there'd be no point in having a TRV on it.

Thanks Dave, John - I'll go without.

In part it might depend on the combination of bathroom and radiator.

In our old house I put a TRV on the rad (tall towel rad in a small
bathroom) as it would get way to hot in their otherwise, even with
towels on the rad.

Here in our current house, bigger bathroom, and the lack of a TRV isn't
an issue.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mathew Newton" wrote

I am in the process of replacing the radiator in our en-suite with a
towel radiator. I fully understand the issue of limited heat output,
particularly when heaped up with towels, however its main purpose is
to dry/warm the towels and any space heating is a bonus.

With this in mind what is the panels opinion on whether or not to fit
a TRV? If the space heating is going to be limited then I imagine the
TRV is not going to play much of a role hence for aesthetic benefit I
am considering going without.

Any thoughts?

Mathew

Hope you've got a good extractor fan if you are using the bathroom for
clothes drying

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
"Mathew Newton" wrote

I am in the process of replacing the radiator in our en-suite with a
towel radiator. I fully understand the issue of limited heat output,
particularly when heaped up with towels, however its main purpose is
to dry/warm the towels and any space heating is a bonus.

With this in mind what is the panels opinion on whether or not to fit
a TRV? If the space heating is going to be limited then I imagine the
TRV is not going to play much of a role hence for aesthetic benefit I
am considering going without.

Any thoughts?

Mathew

Hope you've got a good extractor fan if you are using the bathroom for
clothes drying

Phil

I fitted them, but have em turned up pretty high.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 16, 11:38*am, "TheScullster" wrote:

Hope you've got a good extractor fan if you are using the bathroom for
clothes drying

Yeah, I recently fitted a centrifugal extractor which works very well
- and practically silently being loft mounted (inline)... Indeed when
I first applied the power my heart sank for a moment as I couldn't
understand why it apparently hadn't turned on!

Mathew

Plumbing in a towel radiator tonyjeffs UK diy 3 June 5th 06 06:46 PM
Towel radiator F UK diy 8 February 16th 06 03:11 AM
Using a standard radiator as an electric towel radiator [email protected] UK diy 5 October 11th 05 11:41 AM
Towel radiator jez UK diy 4 August 14th 05 11:20 PM
Towel radiator in kitchen? Alan UK diy 2 April 7th 05 01:36 PM