Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towel radiator

Management has decided at a late stage that she would like a chrome
towel radiator such as that at
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...6819&id=16899#
in the newly refurbished, but not quite finished, shower room.

The existing radiator is 790mm wide but I can't find a supplier for a
towel radiator this size. Anyone able to point me in the right
direction? I really don't want to have to start moving pipes at this stage!

If I have to go for 600mm (which seems to be pretty much standard) can
anyone suggest a decent supplier who doesn't want the proverbial arm and
leg?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

F wrote:

The existing radiator is 790mm wide but I can't find a supplier for a
towel radiator this size. Anyone able to point me in the right
direction? I really don't want to have to start moving pipes at this stage!

If I have to go for 600mm (which seems to be pretty much standard) can
anyone suggest a decent supplier who doesn't want the proverbial arm and
leg?

I've used and can recommend www.featureradiators.co.uk

I found and used them because I also needed a non-bog-standard towel rail.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Answering my own questions now!

I've found this:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T679310AC
(http://www.taptrade.co.uk/product_in...ls-chrome-flat)

Anyone got any experience of 'Taptrade' or this heated towel rail?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
htmark98

try ebay that's where i got mine, and be warned they dont give alot of
heat off, and when most of the rails covered in towels you be lucky to
get any heat off them to go into the room. If it's a bigish room maybe
you can install a very small doulbe radiator by it. I'm gonna have to
do this as our bathroom is very cold sometimes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2006 17:08 htmark98 wrote:

try ebay that's where i got mine

Thanks, I'll have a look.

when most of the rails covered in towels you be lucky to
get any heat off them to go into the room. If it's a bigish room maybe
you can install a very small doulbe radiator by it.

4' x 4' (ish)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

F wrote:

Management has decided at a late stage that she would like a chrome
towel radiator such as that at
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...6819&id=16899#
in the newly refurbished, but not quite finished, shower room.

The existing radiator is 790mm wide but I can't find a supplier for a
towel radiator this size. Anyone able to point me in the right
direction? I really don't want to have to start moving pipes at this
stage!
If I have to go for 600mm (which seems to be pretty much standard) can
anyone suggest a decent supplier who doesn't want the proverbial arm
and leg?

I can't comment on sizes, but have you calculated what heat putput you need?
Towel radiators provide a lot less heat than a panel radiator of the same
overall size - and even less when they are insulated with piles of towels.

You might have to ask the management to decide between trendiness and
comfort!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harv

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is any use to you, but we have 750mm chrome curved...
http://www.speedplumb.co.uk/chelmsfo...ome-p-754.html
And also straight
http://www.speedplumb.co.uk/chelmsfo...ome-p-739.html
Electric elements are also available for year round use.

Harv
www.speedplumb.co.uk

"F" wrote in message
Management has decided at a late stage that she would like a chrome towel
radiator such as that at
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...6819&id=16899#
in the newly refurbished, but not quite finished, shower room.

The existing radiator is 790mm wide but I can't find a supplier for a
towel radiator this size. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
I really don't want to have to start moving pipes at this stage!

If I have to go for 600mm (which seems to be pretty much standard) can
anyone suggest a decent supplier who doesn't want the proverbial arm and
leg?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2006 16:52 F wrote:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T679310AC
(http://www.taptrade.co.uk/product_in...ls-chrome-flat)

Got the above from Taptrade. Delivered Tuesday after ordering Sunday
night. Looks OK and seems well made (although I've nothing to judge it
against!).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dunno if this is particularly relevant but it's a good trick anyway.
We had a large twin bar towel rail in the singing room but the
'management' wanted more heat. As said, towel radiators don't
chuck out much and are hideously expensive so after a lot of deep
thinking I had a rare brainwave. Since the rail was pretty big bore,
fit a radiator underneath the existing towel rail and plumb them in
series. Cheap, and worked a treat.

Best