Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Default Towel radiator

F wrote:

Management has decided at a late stage that she would like a chrome
towel radiator such as that at
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...6819&id=16899#
in the newly refurbished, but not quite finished, shower room.

The existing radiator is 790mm wide but I can't find a supplier for a
towel radiator this size. Anyone able to point me in the right
direction? I really don't want to have to start moving pipes at this
stage!
If I have to go for 600mm (which seems to be pretty much standard) can
anyone suggest a decent supplier who doesn't want the proverbial arm
and leg?

I can't comment on sizes, but have you calculated what heat putput you need?
Towel radiators provide a lot less heat than a panel radiator of the same
overall size - and even less when they are insulated with piles of towels.

You might have to ask the management to decide between trendiness and
comfort!
--
Cheers,
Roger