Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default TRV Price/Quality sweet-spot

On 02/01/2018 11:16, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Chris B writes:
As part of a complete heating system overhaul I need to replace the
seized up and non thermostatic valves on 13 Radiators.

I have some previous experience with Drayton and have no issues with
their reliability, (only a 1 yr guarantee but my experience is that they
will last much longer) but at Screwfix prices (for comparison)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-t...d-15mm-x/34362

the cost would be 13*24.99 (£325)

Screwfix is not somewhere I'd go to buy something cheaply.
I regard it more as an emergency supplier for once-offs.

BES do them now (they didn't for years), at £18.

Also, try your local plumber's merchant for a box quantity - they
might give you a good quote, even more so if part of a bigger
order.

Lastly, if you're not in a hurry, keep an eye out for a year or
so. I bought 10 or 15 of them at Screwfix trade show (bought
directly from Drayton, not from Screwfix) for £12 each including
lockshield valves. There was no qty discount in this case, but
it was a price for that event only.

Thanks to all for the suggestions/pointers. The job wont be started
until the end of the current heating season so there is no immediate
rush. I am just trying to do some homework in advance.

--
Chris B (News)