Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Android question

I have 2 Samsung tablets.

I would like them to be limited to one task only, namely, run a single
(interactive) app that I have on them.

Ideally, I would like the tablets to start with this app when turned on,
and not allow the user to do anything else but use the app.

Is that possible? Couldn't find how to do anything even close to this
online...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2017 21:51, JoeJoe wrote:
I have 2 Samsung tablets.

I would like them to be limited to one task only, namely, run a single
(interactive) app that I have on them.

Ideally, I would like the tablets to start with this app when turned on,
and not allow the user to do anything else but use the app.

Is that possible?Â* Couldn't find how to do anything even close to this
online...

https://developer.android.com/work/cosu.html

Google "android kiosk"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have 2 Samsung tablets.

I would like them to be limited to one task only, namely, run a single
(interactive) app that I have on them.

Ideally, I would like the tablets to start with this app when turned on,
and not allow the user to do anything else but use the app.

Is that possible?

Yes, some of the launchers can do that.

Couldn't find how to do anything even close to this online...

Look at android launchers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/17 21:51, JoeJoe wrote:
I have 2 Samsung tablets.

I would like them to be limited to one task only, namely, run a single
(interactive) app that I have on them.

Ideally, I would like the tablets to start with this app when turned on,
and not allow the user to do anything else but use the app.

Is that possible?Â* Couldn't find how to do anything even close to this
online...

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/disab...oid-58721.html

Does that help at all?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/12/2017 22:34, dennis@home wrote:
On 23/12/2017 21:51, JoeJoe wrote:
I have 2 Samsung tablets.

I would like them to be limited to one task only, namely, run a single
(interactive) app that I have on them.

Ideally, I would like the tablets to start with this app when turned
on, and not allow the user to do anything else but use the app.

Is that possible?Â* Couldn't find how to do anything even close to this
online...

https://developer.android.com/work/cosu.html

Google "android kiosk"

Thanks a lot! Kiosk is the word that was missing from my search...

SureLock seems to do everything I am after (and much more).

Will give it a try for the next few days.

Thanks again.