Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric blankets

Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

We bought an electric blanket a few years ago which has two separate "his
and hers" panels so the two sides of the bed can be heated to different
temperatures. The heating elements are fine, but the controllers which plug
into the mains are total crap: so far two of them have failed, either
because the control electronics failed or because all the separate wires in
the plug that is plugged into the blanket pulled out of the metal terminals.
As with so many things, the plug was heat-sealed shut instead of having
screws, and there was no pinout available as to which wire connects to which
pin.

After the second failure, I found that the importer in this country had gone
out of business and ceased to exist, and the only contact information for
this brand that can be found online was the importer, not the original
manufacturer.

We now have one working controller (I'm kicking myself for not ordering more
replacements when I replaced the first one that failed) so only one side of
the blanket is usable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote

Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years

Mine must be at least 10 years old now.

and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours

Mine is 12. Does catch me occasionally when I forget to cycle
it, I use it for the nap I have every day as well as at night.

and are low temperature only.

Thats bull****.

The customer ratings are 2* out of 5

Not with mine, a sunbeam.

and the customer service seems to be non existent.

Not with mine. I did see some reports of control failure
but they got those replaced when they did fail.

I bought a couple of US superking electric blankets a few years back and
these were total crap in terms of heat output and have been scrapped. I
went back to the old monagram blanket and added a panel in the middle to
make it fit the bed. Maybe Dyson can build a product that works. I won't
hold my breath!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.

**** all, actually.

That's why you can't get one.

Corse you can.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:59:42 +0000, Capitol wrote:

Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

A couple he
https://www.7dayshop.com/catalogsear...ectric+blanket

I got the 2nd. one 'superior' about 6 weeks ago - it's OK on the middle
setting.
It's under, not over, but you don't say which you want.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:23:31 -0000, harry
wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2
years and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and
are low temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and
the customer service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of
US superking electric blankets a few years back and these were
total crap in terms of heat output and have been scrapped. I went
back to the old monagram blanket and added a panel in the middle to
make it fit the bed. Maybe Dyson can build a product that works. I
won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

There's no reason they can't be made safely. Temperature limiter to
stop fires, and low voltage to stop shocks.

"There is no reason the data stored in our heads cannot be
transferred".

(Peter Hucker)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

I'd not use an electric blanket far too dangerous unless low voltage then
thee wiring is too thick.

No reason why the wiring has to be any thicker.

And completely safe with an RCD anyway.

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2
years and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and
are low temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and
the customer service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of
US superking electric blankets a few years back and these were
total crap in terms of heat output and have been scrapped. I went
back to the old monagram blanket and added a panel in the middle to
make it fit the bed. Maybe Dyson can build a product that works. I
won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.

**** all, actually.

Really? Stupid Australian ****.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...to-man-s-death

That's why you can't get one.

Corse you can.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:59:42 +0000, Capitol wrote:

Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only.

A couple he
https://www.7dayshop.com/catalogsear...ectric+blanket

I got the 2nd. one 'superior' about 6 weeks ago - it's OK on the middle
setting.
It's under, not over, but you don't say which you want.

Did you notice the stock levels? 1 - 7 - no stock - 4

Looks like it might be a stock clearance and there might not
be any more to come, in view of previous comments.

I was thinking about getting a new blanket - I think I'll
get one while the going's good!

Thanks for the info!

--

Terry

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2
years and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and
are low temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and
the customer service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of
US superking electric blankets a few years back and these were
total crap in terms of heat output and have been scrapped. I went
back to the old monagram blanket and added a panel in the middle to
make it fit the bed. Maybe Dyson can build a product that works. I
won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.

**** all, actually.

Really?

Yep, really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...to-man-s-death

One is **** all, ****wit.

That's why you can't get one.

Corse you can.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:
[...]

Wanted over, but under seem just as unreliable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

I can't be arsed looking for more, stupid Australian ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
PeterC wrote:
[...]

But over are sooooooo much more cozy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:41:38 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

There's no reason they can't be made safely. Temperature limiter to
stop fires, and low voltage to stop shocks.

"There is no reason the data stored in our heads cannot be
transferred".

(Peter Hucker)

Do you know what a thermostat is? Do you know what low voltage is?

Do you know what an idiot you are? Do you know how MANY people consider you
and idiot, Birdbrain? Check this:

ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your
stupidity."
MID:

AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...
You have been presented with a viewpoint with information, reasoning,
historical cases, citations and references to back it up and wilfully
ignore all going back to your idea which has no supporting information."
MID:

Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."
MID:

Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."
MID:

Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class
ass hole jerk. ...You fit under unconditional Idiot and should be put in
mental institution.
MID:

Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."
MID:

DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."
MID:

Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."
MID:

Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and
several parrots living in his hovel."
MID:

Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"
MID: 20170519215057.56a1f1d4@Mars

JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ
lower than your age, and I accept that as a reason for your comments."
MID: l-september.org

Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how
negative it may be."
MID:

asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"
MID:

Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):
"What are you resurrecting that old post of mine for? It's from last
month some time. You're like a dog who's just dug up an old bone they
hid in the garden until they were ready to have another go at it."
MID:

Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable
sponging failure who will always live alone and will die alone. You will not
be missed."
MID:

Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?
Only useful thing you've done in your pathetic existence."
MID:

about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious
mistake having him born alive -- A total waste of oxygen, food, space,
and bandwidth."
MID:

Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot
running water with loads of stinking cats and a few parrots."
MID:

francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"
MID:

Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to
explain the concept of "invincible ignorance"."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

There are in fact sweet **** all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/11/2017 17:23, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

Best link I can get to "lots of people" is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/455045.stm

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:26:47 +1100, "Rod Speed"
coalesced the vapors of human experience
into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

Brian Gaff wrote

I'd not use an electric blanket far too dangerous unless low voltage then
thee wiring is too thick.

No reason why the wiring has to be any thicker.

And completely safe with an RCD anyway.

What makes you think that lower voltage and correspondingly higher
current will reduce the fire risk?

What makes you think an RCD will trip during an electric blanket fire?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol* wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

There's no reason they can't be made safely.* Temperature limiter to
stop fires, and low voltage to stop shocks.

You don't want to rely on a device to shut it off (at least at the price
point most people would pay), but you don't need to. Ours simply uses
self-regulating heating cable that increases its resistance and lowers
its heat output as it gets warmer. Nothing to go wrong and self-limiting.

I can't remember if it is low voltage as well though.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

Weve been happy users of a Dreamland Intelliheat blanket for the last few
years. Available in single bed size too.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

We've been happy users of a Dreamland Intelliheat blanket for the last few
years. Available in single bed size too.

Christ on a bike, who decided to buy that?
Next door neighbour?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

We've been happy users of a Dreamland Intelliheat blanket for the last few
years. Available in single bed size too.

Tim

I humbly apologise, Tim.
For a minute I thought it was a reply from D i m.
God knows he types some crap.
God help his wife.
We also have an Intelliheat, great stuff although expensive.
Sorry again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:26:47 +1100, "Rod Speed"
coalesced the vapors of human experience
into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

Brian Gaff wrote

I'd not use an electric blanket far too dangerous unless low voltage
then
thee wiring is too thick.

No reason why the wiring has to be any thicker.

And completely safe with an RCD anyway.

What makes you think that lower voltage and correspondingly higher
current will reduce the fire risk?

Never said it would, I JUST said that lower voltage doesn't
necessarily mean THICKER wire with an electric blanket.

What makes you think an RCD will trip during an electric blanket fire?

Never said it would but it clearly would reduce the chance of
ELECTROCUTION and that is why some prefer low voltage blankets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 21:48:24 UTC, ARW wrote:
[...]

Nothing has changed since then.
When in electric board saw several fire aftermaths.
As usual, victims died of smoke inhalation, not burning.
Usually old people.
If you're going to have an electric blanket, unplug it before going to bed.
But hot water bottle is safer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

There's no 100% sure test for electric blankets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, CapitolÂ* wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

There's no reason they can't be made safely.Â* Temperature limiter to
stop fires, and low voltage to stop shocks.

You don't want to rely on a device to shut it off (at least at the price
point most people would pay), but you don't need to. Ours simply uses
self-regulating heating cable that increases its resistance and lowers
its heat output as it gets warmer. Nothing to go wrong and self-limiting.

I can't remember if it is low voltage as well though.

SteveW

At some point the "normal" flex is joined to the heating flex in the blanket.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 19:13:03 -0000, Terry Casey wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:59:42 +0000, Capitol wrote:

Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only.

A couple he
https://www.7dayshop.com/catalogsear...ectric+blanket

I got the 2nd. one 'superior' about 6 weeks ago - it's OK on the middle
setting.
It's under, not over, but you don't say which you want.

Did you notice the stock levels? 1 - 7 - no stock - 4

Yes, 7DS tends to get something in, offer it, then not have any more.

Looks like it might be a stock clearance and there might not
be any more to come, in view of previous comments.

I was thinking about getting a new blanket - I think I'll
get one while the going's good!

Thanks for the info!

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
whilst religions hold sway
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2017 07:44, harry wrote:
[...]

In your opinion perhaps. But do you have any evidence?

In 1999 many electric blankets will have been designed and sold only for
pre-heating with no thermal control at all. Very many of those will
have been replaced by ones which were designed for all night use and
have thermostats.

There's also a bit of a contrast between 20 deaths and 5,000 fires a
year in Adam's link and the Which? report in 2013 that "3,700 fires have
been caused per year as a result of faulty appliances" - of which
electric blankets accounted for just 2%.

https://press.which.co.uk/whichpress...ose-fire-risk/

Now I don't trust Which? to get things right but those figures tally
with the the official stats from ONS which show around 4,500 dwelling
fires a year from *all* faulty appliances and leads.

When in electric board saw several fire aftermaths.
As usual, victims died of smoke inhalation, not burning.
Usually old people.
If you're going to have an electric blanket, unplug it before going to bed.
But hot water bottle is safer.

So you reckon it's safer for nonagenarians to pour hot water into the
narrow neck of bottles and take them to bed (where they may leak) than
to turn on an all night under blanket? Have you adjusted for the risks
of scalding which in elderly people can more often prove fatal? And for
the health benefits (even leaving aside quality of life!) of a blanket
which keeps them warm all over all night as opposed to a bottle which
warms a bit of them for a bit?

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Robin
wrote:
[...]

use a duvet.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
[...]

Same is true for electric cars! but you bought one!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bm wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
Capitol wrote:
[...]

But the reliability figures are crap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
I see no reason a joint cannot be made which is reliable.

PHucker, you need a brain to reason.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2017 09:37, charles wrote:

So you reckon it's safer for nonagenarians to pour hot water into the
narrow neck of bottles and take them to bed (where they may leak) than
to turn on an all night under blanket? Have you adjusted for the risks
of scalding which in elderly people can more often prove fatal? And for
the health benefits (even leaving aside quality of life!) of a blanket
which keeps them warm all over all night as opposed to a bottle which
warms a bit of them for a bit?

use a duvet.

where can old people buy duvets which restore thermoregulation or raise
skin temperature above their (low) autonomous levels?

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
bm wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
Capitol wrote:
[...]

Lovely and toasty though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message

use a duvet.

We do + a leccy blanket.

We use a bookmark to denote where to get in.
Bottom sheet, top sheet, leccy blanket, duvet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 19:06:30 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

That is 30 years old though, I wouldn't expect the cable to last that long let alone a blanket. I wonder if he ate 30 year old meat pies too as they can be pretty dangerous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 20:36:10 UTC, bm wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
PeterC wrote:
[...]

and they aren't normaly called electric blankets the ones I've seen are called electric duvets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

"A campaign will try to avert some 20 deaths and 5,000 fires a year that occur as a result of using old or faulty electric blankets. "

Wish they'd do the same with people.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 November 2017 13:57:43 UTC, Robin wrote:
On 23/11/2017 09:37, charles wrote:

So you reckon it's safer for nonagenarians to pour hot water into the
narrow neck of bottles and take them to bed (where they may leak) than
to turn on an all night under blanket? Have you adjusted for the risks
of scalding which in elderly people can more often prove fatal? And for
the health benefits (even leaving aside quality of life!) of a blanket
which keeps them warm all over all night as opposed to a bottle which
warms a bit of them for a bit?

use a duvet.

where can old people buy duvets which restore thermoregulation or raise
skin temperature above their (low) autonomous levels?

could try argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/electric-duvet/

--
Robin