Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric blankets

On 23/11/2017 14:21, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 23 November 2017 13:57:43 UTC, Robin wrote:
On 23/11/2017 09:37, charles wrote:

So you reckon it's safer for nonagenarians to pour hot water into the
narrow neck of bottles and take them to bed (where they may leak) than
to turn on an all night under blanket? Have you adjusted for the risks
of scalding which in elderly people can more often prove fatal? And for
the health benefits (even leaving aside quality of life!) of a blanket
which keeps them warm all over all night as opposed to a bottle which
warms a bit of them for a bit?

use a duvet.

where can old people buy duvets which restore thermoregulation or raise
skin temperature above their (low) autonomous levels?

could try argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/electric-duvet/

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/11/2017 23:45, Steve Walker wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:23:31 -0000, harry
wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol* wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in
terms of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

There's no reason they can't be made safely.* Temperature limiter to
stop fires, and low voltage to stop shocks.

You don't want to rely on a device to shut it off (at least at the price
point most people would pay), but you don't need to. Ours simply uses
self-regulating heating cable that increases its resistance and lowers
its heat output as it gets warmer. Nothing to go wrong and self-limiting.

I can't remember if it is low voltage as well though.

The cable starts off with electrical insulation on the outside but wear
and tear eventually compromises it.

You would know if it was mains isolated low voltage since there would be
a fairly chunky mains transformer involved. The original Windak brand
was the only one whose main claim to fame was that it didn't electrocute
people in bed - early ones had 3 settings later ones were continuous.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1948-WINDA...-/150987416465

I haven't seen any modern ones that were not a trivial combination of
diodes and resistors across the mains with a thermal fuse somewhere. The
main thing that seems to go is the thermal fuse after 2 years or so. I
suspect it is built in obsolescence by design. I bought spares from my
favourite RapidOnline when my mum's blanket controller failed.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 21:48:24 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 22/11/2017 17:23, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 16:59:44 UTC, Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2
years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the
customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms
of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

They killed lots of people.
That's why you can't get one.

Best link I can get to "lots of people" is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/455045.stm

--
Adam

Nothing has changed since then.
When in electric board saw several fire aftermaths.
As usual, victims died of smoke inhalation, not burning.
Usually old people.
If you're going to have an electric blanket, unplug it before going to
bed.

No thanks, I'll check that its still undamaged when changing
the sheets etc and use it all night and for the nap too.

But hot water bottle is safer.

And useless in comparison.

I have a heated throw which is basically an electric
blanket you use on the armchair or sofa too and its
even more obvious with those that its still fine to use.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

There's no 100% sure test for electric blankets.

Just as true of a car or house, and we use them anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

At some point the "normal" flex is joined to the heating flex in the
blanket.

Yes.

This where they often fail.

None of mine have ever failed there.

There is no 100% test of how secure this joint is.

No big deal if it does fail there, it just stops working.

I have seen many failed blankets.

When it fails, you replace it. Even you should be able to manage that.

Most now I 'spect are made in China or somewhere

Nothing else is possible.

& are as suspect as they were years ago..

Thats bull**** too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Robin
wrote:
On 23/11/2017 07:44, harry wrote:
[...]

In your opinion perhaps. But do you have any evidence?

In 1999 many electric blankets will have been designed and sold only for
pre-heating with no thermal control at all. Very many of those will
have been replaced by ones which were designed for all night use and
have thermostats.

There's also a bit of a contrast between 20 deaths and 5,000 fires a
year in Adam's link and the Which? report in 2013 that "3,700 fires have
been caused per year as a result of faulty appliances" - of which
electric blankets accounted for just 2%.

https://press.which.co.uk/whichpress...ose-fire-risk/

Now I don't trust Which? to get things right but those figures tally
with the the official stats from ONS which show around 4,500 dwelling
fires a year from *all* faulty appliances and leads.

When in electric board saw several fire aftermaths. As usual, victims
died of smoke inhalation, not burning. Usually old people. If you're
going to have an electric blanket, unplug it before going to bed. But
hot water bottle is safer.

So you reckon it's safer for nonagenarians to pour hot water into the
narrow neck of bottles and take them to bed (where they may leak) than
to turn on an all night under blanket? Have you adjusted for the risks
of scalding which in elderly people can more often prove fatal? And for
the health benefits (even leaving aside quality of life!) of a blanket
which keeps them warm all over all night as opposed to a bottle which
warms a bit of them for a bit?

use a duvet.

I use both. The electric blanket gives you a lot more control.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 13:58:41 -0000, "bm" wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message
bm wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter. Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms
of
heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

We've been happy users of a Dreamland Intelliheat blanket for the last
few
years. Available in single bed size too.

Tim

Loved this bit on the dreamland web site at:

https://www.dreamlanduk.co.uk/produc...-underblanket/

"The control detaches easily from the blanket so it can be machine
washed at 40°c and is tumble dryer safe."

Must be a very water proof control.

- Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote:
In article , Robin
wrote:
[...]

and freeze round the deges!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
charles wrote:
In article , Robin
wrote:
[...]

I dont, but I use a king duvet on a single bed

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:11:19 +0000, Mike wrote:

Loved this bit on the dreamland web site at:

https://www.dreamlanduk.co.uk/produc...-underblanket/

"The control detaches easily from the blanket so it can be machine
washed at 40°c and is tumble dryer safe."

Must be a very water proof control.

Rather like some trousers with zip-off legs: detachable legs - can also be
used as shorts.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 November 2017 08:56:31 UTC, PeterC wrote:
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:11:19 +0000, Mike wrote:

Loved this bit on the dreamland web site at:

https://www.dreamlanduk.co.uk/produc...-underblanket/

"The control detaches easily from the blanket so it can be machine
washed at 40°c and is tumble dryer safe."

Must be a very water proof control.

Rather like some trousers with zip-off legs: detachable legs - can also be
used as shorts.

Hasn't done Oscar Pistorius much good :-)

(always start or end the day with something tasteless)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 November 2017 09:31:00 UTC, Robin wrote:
[...]

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved. I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

Yebut, which foot do you apply it to?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 16:08:21 UTC, bm wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

Yebut, which foot do you apply it to?

both.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

But useless in comparison.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 17:16:12 UTC, Capitol wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

strange thing to say.

It delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

Nope, not when it starts boiling.

It delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too

Pigs arse it does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 18:37:31 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Sunday, 26 November 2017 17:16:12 UTC, Capitol wrote:

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring
involved. I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric
blanket.

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

strange thing to say.

Nope, not when it starts boiling.

if you boil it you're an idiot. Oh.... it's you.

It delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too

Pigs arse it does.

Not tried one of those.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

Can you please give an example of a retail product which delivers that
performance please?

I don't know what that means. And life is too short for stupid questions

And is it certified safe if an old person accidentally heats it for 10
times the specified time?

Ah, an even more stupid question.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tabbypurr wrote
Capitol wrote

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave,
no pouring involved. I'd be very surprised if it
weren't safer than an electric blanket.

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

strange thing to say.

Nope, not when it starts boiling.

if you boil it you're an idiot.

Yes, but not hard to that accidentally.

Impossible to stuff it up with a well designed electric
blanket which will shut itself down even if you are
stupid enough to set it on full when still folded up.

It delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too

Pigs arse it does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 21:36:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tabbypurr wrote
Capitol wrote

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave,
no pouring involved. I'd be very surprised if it
weren't safer than an electric blanket.

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

strange thing to say.

Nope, not when it starts boiling.

if you boil it you're an idiot.

Yes, but not hard to that accidentally.

Impossible to stuff it up with a well designed electric
blanket which will shut itself down even if you are
stupid enough to set it on full when still folded up.

and where does stating the obvious get us?
are you saying bottles injure more? Or saying nothing of any use as usual?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

I am sorry if I am not as clever and articulate as you. Please let me
try again.

You said "it delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too". What
is "it" please?

And is it certified safe if an old person accidentally heats it for 10
times the specified time?

Ah, an even more stupid question.

Sorry, I didn't realise you are also an expert on risk assessment.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

Stupid? How so? Plenty of incidences of fires due to these €śbottles€ť.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ches-fire.html

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 26 November 2017 21:36:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tabbypurr wrote
Capitol wrote

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave,
no pouring involved. I'd be very surprised if it
weren't safer than an electric blanket.

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

strange thing to say.

Nope, not when it starts boiling.

if you boil it you're an idiot.

Yes, but not hard to that accidentally.

Impossible to stuff it up with a well designed electric
blanket which will shut itself down even if you are
stupid enough to set it on full when still folded up.

and where does stating the obvious get us?

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

are you saying bottles injure more?

Nope, that a well designed electric blanket leaves a
****ing hot water bottle you put in the microwave
for dead heat wise and is vastly safer as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

====snip====

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

That's a rather expensive way to pump energy into a ho****er bottle full
of water. However, it does allow you to heat the water to a fairly
precise temperature provided you're prepared to experiment with a full
range thermometer (0 to 100 deg C). You need to know the volume of water
being heated to within a few percent.

Surprisingly, it's possible to fill a hot water bottle straight from the
tap and judge by feel to within 5% or so. All you need then do is try
different times on full power until you get a comfortably hot water
bottle temperature (the actual water temperature might need to be a good
5 to 15 deg hotter than the desired external temperature but this can
remain an unknown).

Obviously, the water fill temperature will effect the heating time but
it shouldn't be too difficult to approximate an adjustment to compensate
for warm summertime mains water during brief cold snaps - winter mains
water temperatures will be consistent enough to use a standard time with
a standard fill.

Having explained the benefit of using a microwave oven to heat a cold
filled hot water bottle to get consistent temperatures, I have to mention
that it'll work out almost twice as expensive to do it this way versus
the more traditional electric kettle heating of the fill water.

If your concern with using a kettle to heat the water up is one of the
scalding risk, there is a much safer way to fill from a freshly boiled
kettle of water followed by topping up with cold to get the right
temperature as my wife insists on doing and that is fill the kettle to
about two thirds of what you need to fill the bottle and after letting it
boil, add about 50% more cold water to the kettle (give or take according
to the desired final temperature) so that when it comes to the business
of filling the water bottle from the kettle, the risk of scalding is
greatly reduced.

I use a 1.7L jug kettle filled to about 1.2L which leaves enough room
after boiling to add another half litre or more of cold before pouring it
into the hot water bottle. Overfilling a kettle is only of consequence if
you intend to bring the whole 1.9 or so litres in a 1.7l kettle back to
the boil.

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 November 2017 04:57:10 UTC, Johnny B Good wrote:
[...]

A microwave oven is a far more efficient way to boil/heat water then any kettle.
So don't drivel on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

====snip====

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

That's a rather expensive way to pump energy into a ho****er bottle full
of water. However, it does allow you to heat the water to a fairly
precise temperature provided you're prepared to experiment with a full
range thermometer (0 to 100 deg C). You need to know the volume of water
being heated to within a few percent.

Um, I suspect that the €śbottle€ť being referred to is a wheat or millet
grain filled one.

For example,
https://www.heat-treats.co.uk/intele...Au4REALw _wcB

Im not even sure if conventional hot water bottles are suitable for
microwaving. I know that ours has a metal inset in the neck that might
overheat in a microwave.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have never ever had a
****ing clue.

So don't drivel on.

You're the one doing that, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote in message
On Sunday, 26 November 2017 17:16:12 UTC, Capitol wrote:

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring
involved. I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric
blanket.

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

strange thing to say.

Nope, not when it starts boiling.

if you boil it you're an idiot. Oh.... it's you.

I thought they had oil in them, rather than water, and I used to see those you plugged into the 'mains' rather than use a microwave.

It delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too

Pigs arse it does.

Not tried one of those.

Wodney has, and he knows about these sorts of things more than anyone else here.
He's an expert on lying his way out of paper bags and shoveling **** to where it belongs. He has his talents don't mock them ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:05:22 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

====snip====

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring
involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

That's a rather expensive way to pump energy into a ho****er bottle
full
of water. However, it does allow you to heat the water to a fairly
precise temperature provided you're prepared to experiment with a full
range thermometer (0 to 100 deg C). You need to know the volume of
water being heated to within a few percent.

Um, I suspect that the €śbottle€ť being referred to is a wheat or millet
grain filled one.

For example,
https://www.heat-treats.co.uk/intele...wavable-furry-

body-warmer-cream/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjO_QBRC4ARIsAD2FsXNI2SCpWqK2y-
Q7j9fDjWRKmnihCNrORIAyM1XuvdYvQnwCO8xQfsIaAu4REALw _wcB

My bad! It just never occurred to me that *anyone* posting here would be
*so feckin'* retarded as to risk using such a dangerous method of storing
heat in so flammable a material as wheat or millet kernels.

Im not even sure if conventional hot water bottles are suitable for
microwaving. I know that ours has a metal inset in the neck that might
overheat in a microwave.

I think all of our rubber/plastic hot water bottles (3 or 4 afaicr) use
plastic threaded inserts so could be heated in an older, more capacious
microwave oven (might require a microwaveable cage to confine the
bottle's dimensions to a more cubic shape if you want it to rotate *with*
the turntable in a modern cheap 'n' cheerful oven).

However, I'd have thought it more practical to simply heat a plastic
measuring jug's worth of the required amount to fill the water bottle to
the desired level (somewhere between an inflated puffer fish and a floppy
Dover Sole), in which case, you only have the downside of it costing
nearly twice as much as using an electric kettle to energise the water
molecules to a comfortable temperature as perceived on the external
surfaces of the hot water bottle.

Quite frankly, anyone who gifts such grain based microwave heated
thermal storage 'toys' to their elderly relatives as a 'safer'
alternative to the traditional hot water bottle, is taking a very real
risk of facing a charge of accidental manslaughter or worse should the
inevitable happen. Only a fool would place their elderly relatives at
such risk in this way.

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring
involved. I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

strange thing to say.

It delivers far more heat than an electric blanket too

Can you please give an example of a retail product which delivers that
performance please?

I don't know what that means. And life is too short for stupid questions

And is it certified safe if an old person accidentally heats it for 10
times the specified time?

Ah, an even more stupid question.

Stupid? How so? Plenty of incidences of fires due to these €śbottles€ť.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ches-fire.html

Tim

that's a wheat bag not a water bottle

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 November 2017 04:57:10 UTC, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

That's a rather expensive way to pump energy into a ho****er bottle full
of water.

2 minutes at 1500W at 15p/unit is 0.75 pence. I can afford that.

However, it does allow you to heat the water to a fairly
precise temperature

precisely

provided you're prepared to experiment with a full
range thermometer (0 to 100 deg C). You need to know the volume of water
being heated to within a few percent.

nonsense

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 November 2017 08:05:26 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

====snip====

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved.
I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

That's a rather expensive way to pump energy into a ho****er bottle full
of water. However, it does allow you to heat the water to a fairly
precise temperature provided you're prepared to experiment with a full
range thermometer (0 to 100 deg C). You need to know the volume of water
being heated to within a few percent.

Um, I suspect that the €śbottle€ť being referred to is a wheat or millet
grain filled one.

Maybe you missed this bit:
I use a hot water bottle.

Im not even sure if conventional hot water bottles are suitable for
microwaving. I know that ours has a metal inset in the neck that might
overheat in a microwave.

What makes you think anything of mine is conventional?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Johnny B Good wrote:
[...]

is anyone?

Im not even sure if conventional hot water bottles are suitable for
microwaving. I know that ours has a metal inset in the neck that might
overheat in a microwave.

I think all of our rubber/plastic hot water bottles (3 or 4 afaicr) use
plastic threaded inserts so could be heated in an older, more capacious
microwave oven (might require a microwaveable cage to confine the
bottle's dimensions to a more cubic shape if you want it to rotate *with*
the turntable in a modern cheap 'n' cheerful oven).

my bottles are plastic.

However, I'd have thought it more practical to simply heat a plastic
measuring jug's worth of the required amount to fill the water bottle to
the desired level (somewhere between an inflated puffer fish and a floppy
Dover Sole),

how on earth is that more practical than bunging the bottle in a microwave?

in which case, you only have the downside of it costing
nearly twice as much as using an electric kettle to energise the water
molecules to a comfortable temperature as perceived on the external
surfaces of the hot water bottle.

What, I've wasted 0.375p to avoid pouring hot water around the place? Oh no!

Quite frankly, anyone who gifts such grain based microwave heated
thermal storage 'toys' to their elderly relatives as a 'safer'
alternative to the traditional hot water bottle, is taking a very real
risk of facing a charge of accidental manslaughter or worse should the
inevitable happen. Only a fool would place their elderly relatives at
such risk in this way.

People do so all the time. Most aren't especially practical or clueful about product safety. Had you really not noticed?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 17:16:10 +0000, Capitol wrote:

I use a hot water bottle. It goes in the microwave, no pouring involved. I'd be very surprised if it weren't safer than an electric blanket.

NT

I'm surprised it doesn't explode!

You can get gel filled things that are designed for microwaves though
I don't think they store as much heat as water.

My late Dad never got the hang of the microwave so the one I bought
for Mother did not last long, Dad mistook the minute and hour
settings. The "Bottle" exploded after about 5 minutes and the mess
almost buggered up the microwave.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:49:36 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter.

Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms
of heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

Weve been happy users of a Dreamland Intelliheat blanket for the last
few years. Available in single bed size too.

As it happens, bought one of those yesterday!

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:
Tried to buy a new single electric blanket for granddaughter.

Total
failure. It seems that all the current products have a life of 2 years
and have been afflicted with auto shut off after 10 hours and are low
temperature only. The customer ratings are 2* out of 5 and the customer
service seems to be non existent. I bought a couple of US superking
electric blankets a few years back and these were total crap in terms
of heat output and have been scrapped. I went back to the old monagram
blanket and added a panel in the middle to make it fit the bed. Maybe
Dyson can build a product that works. I won't hold my breath!

Weve been happy users of a Dreamland Intelliheat blanket for the last
few years. Available in single bed size too.

As it happens, bought one of those yesterday!

Be interesting to see how long it lasts and is it hot enough?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:
[...]

Easily hot enough. And the quote above mine says 'last few years'.

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.