Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The curse of DIY

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Am 27.09.2017 um 15:57 schrieb alan_m:

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

No. Some end with sweat and beers. As they should.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Usually do in my experience and some generate it in the middle as well!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"alan_m" wrote in message

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/09/2017 14:57, alan_m wrote:

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

Or a broken toe. After building a bedroom extension, including the
concrete tiled, pitched roof, I was finishing off the job with paving
stones around the perimeter when the next-to-last slab inflicted pain...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/09/2017 15:39, Matthias Czech wrote:
Am 27.09.2017 um 15:57 schrieb alan_m:

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

No. Some end with sweat and beers. As they should.

I did uncover my half crate of Courage Imperial Russian Stout, brewed in
1993 an with an OG of 1098 (Approx 11% ABV) . I may try a bottle tonight

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/09/2017 14:57, alan_m wrote:

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

They all take at least twice as long as they should.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

Nope, not all. But certainly when I built the entire house from
scratch on a bare block of land, I did end up with a few injurys.

But then I hardly ever bother with any safety gear and
spent most of the summer quite literally wearing just
a pair of shorts and thongs, what you lot call flip flops,
no shirt or anything.

Quite 'interesting' when standing on the ladder, welding
the angle iron verticals for the barge boards onto the ends
of the roof beams. Welding up over my head with a stick
welder with a blob of molten metal falling down and
getting stuck between my toes when wearing thongs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 22:08:55 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
alan_m wrote

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut myself
(very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

Nope, not all. But certainly when I built the entire house from
scratch on a bare block of land, I did end up with a few injurys.

But then I hardly ever bother with any safety gear and
spent most of the summer quite literally wearing just
a pair of shorts and thongs, what you lot call flip flops,
no shirt or anything.

Quite 'interesting' when standing on the ladder, welding
the angle iron verticals for the barge boards onto the ends
of the roof beams. Welding up over my head with a stick
welder with a blob of molten metal falling down and
getting stuck between my toes when wearing thongs.

Please spare us these details. Seriously.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:57:19 +0100
alan_m wrote:

Hours of DIY today but in the final minutes of clearing up I cut
myself (very minor) and I've got blood over the surfaces I've just
worked on.

Do all DIY jobs end up with blood?

Only those where you can't clean the blood off easily.

--
avey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Just how many of you are there between those ears, boy ?