Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat proof fence?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 08:57:40 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Well some is OK it is normally fast pulsed or indeed RF based but costly. as
has been noted though, it very seldom works for cats. they tend to learn how
to bypass this sort of device and you cannot electrify the whole side of
your property.
A few weeks with a water pistol can work wonders though.

I caught one of the cats in my garden and kept squirting it with a
high-powered water pistol. It ended up cowering in the garden,
shaking. It didn't come back for a couple of weeks but now it seems
to have forgotten about it since its unwanted visits have started
again - although it does run away when it sees me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:
The street where I live is infested with cats and the stinking little
****ers crap all over my garden. So I'm looking for a cat proof fence to
keep them out. This looks like it would do the job: https://
colourfence.co.uk/ . It's made from powder coated steel, so the furry
bags of **** shouldn't be able to climb it. Anyone had any experience of
the product? Any other fencing systems worth considering?

No answer, I'm afraid; but 'furry bags of ****' is the funniest thing
I've read for a long time :-) Start an online petition to have them
classified as vermin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom Wrote in message:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:34:47 +0000, Chris wrote:

Any other fencing systems worth considering?

Electric. See your local agricultural suppliers.

Would an electric fence above a residential fence be legal in a
rural garden?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Oct 2017 22:25:42 +0100, TheChief wrote:

Would an electric fence above a residential fence be legal in a
rural garden?

Who's going to know anyway?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote
TheChief wrote

Would an electric fence above a residential fence be legal in a rural
garden?

Who's going to know anyway?

Anyone watching the cats react to it.

And if they dont, its useless for keeping them out.