Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default Cat proof fence?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 08:57:40 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Well some is OK it is normally fast pulsed or indeed RF based but costly. as
has been noted though, it very seldom works for cats. they tend to learn how
to bypass this sort of device and you cannot electrify the whole side of
your property.
A few weeks with a water pistol can work wonders though.

I caught one of the cats in my garden and kept squirting it with a
high-powered water pistol. It ended up cowering in the garden,
shaking. It didn't come back for a couple of weeks but now it seems
to have forgotten about it since its unwanted visits have started
again - although it does run away when it sees me.