Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Desktop PC problems.

On 31/08/2017 22:45, pamela wrote:
On 11:19 30 Aug 2017, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:
With a very old machine, it may not be worth trying too hard.

I'm usually out of touch with the cost of PCs, so I was
surprised to see how cheap second hand PCs are.

My local PC shop sells a recondiitoned desktop system unit with
a legit Win 7 licence for about £70 to £80. Presumably some of
that price is for VAT.

Given I built this one, if it proves terminal, I'll build
another. Why would I pay someone else to do a simple job like
that?

Be interesting to know how long the warranty is. ;-)

I can't see how they make much profit even if they get the PCs
free as company clearance.

They have to dust them down, check them over, reload the OS and
check the licence details, make sure it's electrically safe, stick
it on a shelf in the shop and fix it if it goes wrong in the next
6 or 12 (?) months.

It must take a few hours to do all that and I'm sure that person's
utilisation is less than 100% depending on how many PCs they get
in, so average labour cost per PC will be higher.

The shop I saw looked big enough to have to pay VAT which then
reduces their portion of the sale price.

I think they get them for very little by the pallet load, and sell on
the hope people buy anti-virus software or somesuch.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:01:45 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 31 August 2017 23:47:32 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

Personally I think a kitchen table would be fine for this purpose. A
workshop is likely to be more dirty.

I only mentioned it to make the point it is a simple task, with not much
more than a screwdriver needed.

--
*Too many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:13:09 +0100, Mark
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:01:45 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

Personally I think a kitchen table would be fine for this purpose. A
workshop is likely to be more dirty.

+1.

I have assembled / repaired many many things, not just PC's on the
kitchen worktop. And it's ok for me to do so because 1) some of the
things are for / with the Mrs and 2) if she can grind the valves in on
the cylinder head when we built the kitcar, on the kitchen worktop, I
then I can certainly build a PC there. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 2 September 2017 10:00:27 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Finally got some time to look at it.

After being totally powered down (unplugged) for a couple of days, it
still wouldn't go beyond the start up pic.

Unplugged the latest addition - the SSD (which was a clone of the Win7
HD,
still in place) - and it attempted to boot. But failed half way through
the Win7 boot process.

A friend had that problem he found out thatv cloning a windows 7 home
edition he brought via ebay wasn't valid license wise so wouldnlt install
properly. He also found that cloning onto a larger drive didn't update
certain boot sectors of the disc properly in that it didn't identify the
new
HD as the 1TB he brought and still consider teh OS to be on he's old 250GB
drive, so it wasn't using all the space for swop files on the new drive.

Trivially fixed by using the right cloning tool.

He eventually got it working by NOT cloning but doing a fresh install.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Guess my old desktop has finally died. Despite recently fitting an SSD to
it in an attempt to keep it reasonably up to date.

Yesterday, it booted OK, but failed to make the normal internet
connection. Couldn't get into the 'Network' section to try fault finding,
so re-booted. And now only shows the BIOS start up picture. Won't even go
into BIOS setup - although it says it is trying.

FWIW I often find uk.comp.homebuilt helpful for this sort of thing. Even
for something which isn't strictly homebuilt, just something which has
had some tweaking. Just recognise that "over there" we are amateurs like
some I could mention here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 September 2017 10:00:27 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Finally got some time to look at it.

After being totally powered down (unplugged) for a couple of days, it
still wouldn't go beyond the start up pic.

Unplugged the latest addition - the SSD (which was a clone of the Win7
HD, still in place) - and it attempted to boot. But failed half way
through the Win7 boot process.

A friend had that problem he found out thatv cloning a windows 7 home
edition he brought via ebay wasn't valid license wise so wouldnlt
install properly.

My Win7 is legit.

He also found that cloning onto a larger drive didn't
update certain boot sectors of the disc properly in that it didn't
identify the new HD as the 1TB he brought and still consider teh OS to
be on he's old 250GB drive, so it wasn't using all the space for swop
files on the new drive. He eventually got it working by NOT cloning but
doing a fresh install.

This is one of the reasons we both prefer Macs.

So you can run stolen software?

No need to steal anything with Macs, it comes for free now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 September 2017 17:06:08 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

No, I have a spare room that I can use as one.

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

I don't have a need for one I've never liked eating meals in the kitchen, and I wouldn't consider sawing or doing DIY work in a kitchen either, or sleep in the kitchen or have a crap in it.
I tend not to prepare meals in the toilet or the garden.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 September 2017 10:00:27 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Finally got some time to look at it.

After being totally powered down (unplugged) for a couple of days, it
still wouldn't go beyond the start up pic.

Unplugged the latest addition - the SSD (which was a clone of the Win7
HD, still in place) - and it attempted to boot. But failed half way
through the Win7 boot process.

A friend had that problem he found out thatv cloning a windows 7 home
edition he brought via ebay wasn't valid license wise so wouldnlt
install properly.

My Win7 is legit.

My friend assumed his was too buying it on ebay from a suplier with good ratings and it even stated that what he was buying was a licence from a pack and that legally he could install it on one PC.

He also found that cloning onto a larger drive didn't
update certain boot sectors of the disc properly in that it didn't
identify the new HD as the 1TB he brought and still consider teh OS to
be on he's old 250GB drive, so it wasn't using all the space for swop
files on the new drive. He eventually got it working by NOT cloning but
doing a fresh install.

This is one of the reasons we both prefer Macs.

So you can run stolen software?

What stolen software ? although for PC users maybe that's the key to a cheap computer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 September 2017 19:40:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:01:45 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

Personally I think a kitchen table would be fine for this purpose. A
workshop is likely to be more dirty.

I only mentioned it to make the point it is a simple task, with not much
more than a screwdriver needed.

Then why do you need a kitchen table, I have two computer tables and a coffee table in the living room with a TV too, I use the kitchen for preparing food and washing up, and I've never had a TV in the kitchen, bathroom or toilet.
When I installed my new iMac it went straight on the table where it has been for nearly 3 years, even when I added extra RAM I didn't need to take it to a 'workshop' to 'operate' on it.
I put my old imac on the floor connected it to my hub selected that disc from the imgration assistant and within a couple of hours everything was copied over and working, no serail numbers needed typing back in, just a password to my appleID and data, apps, network everything transfered over first time and booted first time, no need to dismantle anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 September 2017 20:41:14 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

What is the corect cloning tool ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

No, I have a spare room that I can use as one.

Right. Remind me to refuse an invitation to stay overnight. Splinters in
the bed don't go for a good night's sleep.

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

I don't have a need for one I've never liked eating meals in the kitchen,

You have a dining room, then? Thought it was a smallish flat.

and I wouldn't consider sawing or doing DIY work in a kitchen either,

You get a man in to paint it?
But thanks for confirming assembling a PC is as far outside your ken as
dimmers.

or sleep in the kitchen or have a crap in it.
I tend not to prepare meals in the toilet or the garden.

No barbie?

--
*Marriage changes passion - suddenly you're in bed with a relative*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
What is the corect cloning tool ?

The single use software that came with my SSD worked a treat here. Called
Acronis.

--
*Virtual reality is its own reward*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis True
Image does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 16:01:23 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
What is the corect cloning tool ?

The single use software that came with my SSD worked a treat here. Called
Acronis.

He used the inbuilt system in the dual external caddy by pressing the clone button.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

No, I have a spare room that I can use as one.

Right. Remind me to refuse an invitation to stay overnight.

You weren't getting one.

Splinters in
the bed don't go for a good night's sleep.

Why would there be splinters in the bed. I keep beds in bedrooms not toilets or kitchens or workshops, do you sleep in yuor workshop or do you sleep on the kitchen table.
So remind me never to come to dinner at your place I find it a bit odd that you sleep in the kitchen.

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

I don't have a need for one I've never liked eating meals in the kitchen,

You have a dining room, then? Thought it was a smallish flat.

I have what I call a front room, where my TV and computers are and where I have meals.
I have a bedroom where I have a bed and that's where I sleep.
I have a bathroom which is where I have a bath and have a **** in the toilet.
I have a spare room that has no bed in it where I store stuff, estate agents call it a second bedroom although the last agent called it a study.
But then the last agent also said I live in central london, because when on the tube I can get to central london in under 25mins.

Here's the sort of property I have, upstairs with bay windows similar to this which I pass a few tines a week.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-54880258.html

and I wouldn't consider sawing or doing DIY work in a kitchen either,

You get a man in to paint it?

No, but I don;t use my kitchen for DIY.

But thanks for confirming assembling a PC is as far outside your ken as
dimmers.

I just wouldn't service a mac or a PC on my kitchen worktop I have a spare room and a table I can use or the frontroom.

or sleep in the kitchen or have a crap in it.
I tend not to prepare meals in the toilet or the garden.

No barbie?

No can't stand them or the smell, I try to avoid BBQs I don't like BBQ tastes either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have to with a Mac.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You dont have to with a PC either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 13:24:46 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Nope, that one is free.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis
True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have
to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

Nope, they supply an older version for free too and it clones fine.

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

I didnt. And you paid a lot more for your Mac than you would have
for a PC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/09/17 16:00, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 13:24:46 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

Try buying one without it preinstalled

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

you mean the trail is free.

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/lp/per...SAAEgKBYPD_BwE

£35 according to teh website and they do a Mac version too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 16:40:11 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/09/17 16:00, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 13:24:46 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

Try buying one without it preinstalled

There was no MS software preinstalled on my Mac.

I'm not sure what we do here when buying PCs I doubt we pay for windows indiviualy I did ask about how we get office and it's free.
Site licenses have changed since I last looked at them previously you paid about £60 for every PC you installed office on now it's free for everyone using a PC that has been brought by the college or so I've been told.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis
True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have
to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

Nope, they supply an older version for free too and it clones fine.

Where's the link to that older version ?

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

I didnt.

Others have said try buying a PC without windows maybe ou can tell them how to achieve such a thing.

And you paid a lot more for your Mac than you would have
for a PC.

Because it's worth more.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I suspect that what he meant was that you get (usually a cut-down
version or an older version) of Acronis TrueImage bundled with certain
new HDs or SSds). I did anyway. IIRC they came with a card with a link
on it to download + a serial number to unlock it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:01:45 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

Personally I think a kitchen table would be fine for this purpose. A
workshop is likely to be more dirty.

I only mentioned it to make the point it is a simple task, with not much
more than a screwdriver needed.

Then why do you need a kitchen table,

Stripping down a gearbox?
Snip
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Unless everyone that buys a PC or everyone that buys an external drive or everyone that buys a external caddy then that might be an option.
So how about showign where this cut-down free version is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 12:49:41 UTC+1, bert wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave writes
Mark wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:01:45 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

whisky-dave wrote:
I'd guess you'd not understand, but assembling a PC is something
that can be done on the kitchen table.

Why would I want to assembe a PC on a kitchen table ?

Sorry - forgot that sort of thing is beyond you.

Real DIY men would have a workshop or an area to work on not have to
rely on a kitchen table as their workbench.

I take it by that you have a workshop at home, then?

But more likely don't have a kitchen table.

Personally I think a kitchen table would be fine for this purpose. A
workshop is likely to be more dirty.

I only mentioned it to make the point it is a simple task, with not much
more than a screwdriver needed.

Then why do you need a kitchen table,

Stripping down a gearbox?
Snip
--
bert

I see to do DIY you need to strip such things down on your kitchen table.
well I haven't got a kitchen table.
I don't understand why people don't use a garage for striping down gearboxes.
I dontl understand why DIYers have to saw wood in their bedroom rather than the kitchen table or the garden.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Nope, they have an older version that is free.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes.
Acronis
True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t
have
to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

Nope, they supply an older version for free too and it clones fine.

Where's the link to that older version ?

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

I didnt.

Others have said try buying a PC without windows
maybe ou can tell them how to achieve such a thing.

Plenty of the cheapest suppliers of PCs offer that,
and even you should be able to assemble the PC
from components and not bother to buy Win.

Plenty of the floggers of PC components are happy
to assemble the PC for you for a small fee too.

And you paid a lot more for your Mac than you would have
for a PC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Others have said try buying a PC without windows maybe ou can tell them
how to achieve such a thing.

You had the answer earlier - but you need a kitchen table.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I suspect that what he meant was that you get (usually a cut-down
version or an older version) of Acronis TrueImage bundled with
certain new HDs or SSds). I did anyway. IIRC they came with a card
with a link on it to download + a serial number to unlock it.

Unless everyone that buys a PC or everyone that buys an external drive
or everyone that buys a external caddy then that might be an option. So
how about showign where this cut-down free version is.

There are several HD cloning utilities out there for free. For a PC at
least.

However, generally speaking, the HD you want to clone can't be in use at
the time.

So on your kitchen table, whip it out and fit it to another PC. It can
them be cloned.

--
*If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

What is the correct cloning tool ?

One that allows for the two drives to be of different sizes. Acronis
True
Image does.

So you have to buy additional software to clone a PC drive I don;t have
to with a Mac.

You dont have to with a PC either.

The one recommended above costs almost £35.

Nope, they supply an older version for free too and it clones fine.

Where is this older version they supply ?

https://www.acronis.com/en-gb/personal/computer-backup/

And remmebr linux is a free OS so why doesn;t everyone use it ?
Why pay for windows on a PC ?

I didnt. And you paid a lot more for your Mac than you would have
for a PC.

Yep because I didn't want the hassle that PCs give.
if I wanted a PC I;d buy one but until I do I won't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

So where is this older version they give for free ?
Apple give all their versions for free even the latest.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I can, I can aslo cut and peel potatoes and deep fry them or do whatever I want to make chips.

Plenty of the floggers of PC components are happy
to assemble the PC for you for a small fee too.

yes I know we have people here that can do that too, but we buy ready assembled PC on a lease system.

If I were buying a PC I'd go with one of the suppliers that built what you want to order.

There's plenty of local shops that can build PC's.
If I want a sofa or a dinning table and chairs I don't waste my time making my own. But I do admire the bloke that plants trees and manipulates there growth to make chairs. if I wnted a telescope I;d buy one I would start grinding my own lenes even if it is cheaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/17 10:58, whisky-dave wrote:
if I wnted a telescope I;d buy one I would start grinding my own lenes even if it is cheaper.

?????

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 18:25:48 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Others have said try buying a PC without windows maybe ou can tell them
how to achieve such a thing.

You had the answer earlier - but you need a kitchen table.

I do NOT need a kitchen table, I have TWO computer tables to assemble PC's on I've had about 4 PC's on said tables that I've worked on for other people, I DO NOT need a kitchen table any more than I need a tobacco tin to keep screws and rawl plugs in. I don;t need to save newspaper to use as toilet paper. (unless I'm at whipps X hospital). I don't live in the 50s, 60s or 70s. I live in the 21st century.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 18:25:49 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I suspect that what he meant was that you get (usually a cut-down
version or an older version) of Acronis TrueImage bundled with
certain new HDs or SSds). I did anyway. IIRC they came with a card
with a link on it to download + a serial number to unlock it.

Unless everyone that buys a PC or everyone that buys an external drive
or everyone that buys a external caddy then that might be an option. So
how about showign where this cut-down free version is.

There are several HD cloning utilities out there for free. For a PC at
least.

Yes I know but I don't need them.
I mostly use carbon copy cloner.

However, generally speaking, the HD you want to clone can't be in use at
the time.

which is why I advised my friend to buy an external CD caddy. You can but the source and destination drive in each slot, and press the clone button I have one myself but have never used it for cloning using the clone button.

So on your kitchen table, whip it out and fit it to another PC. It can
them be cloned.

So I now need two PCs to clone one drive ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 September 2017 11:02:38 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/09/17 10:58, whisky-dave wrote:
if I wnted a telescope I;d buy one I would start grinding my own lenes even if it is cheaper.

?????

I meant wouldn't grind my own leneses like Galileo did.
if I have fish and chips tonight I won't be hiringing a fishing boat either ;-)

Do you do DIY on your kitchen table ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/09/17 11:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 8 September 2017 11:02:38 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/09/17 10:58, whisky-dave wrote:
if I wnted a telescope I;d buy one I would start grinding my own lenes even if it is cheaper.

?????

I meant wouldn't grind my own leneses like Galileo did.

Why did you say you would, then?

if I have fish and chips tonight I won't be hiringing a fishing boat either ;-)

Do you do DIY on your kitchen table ?

I dont have a kitchen table, so I do it on the dining room one

--
it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus

Google Desktop Problems indexing Netscape mails hampi Metalworking 0 June 7th 05 02:08 PM
Oil, Wax or Varnish for Beeck Block Desktop? Acedrew UK diy 5 November 11th 04 09:47 PM
Desktop Dr. deb Woodworking 2 October 18th 04 02:22 PM
save up to $300 on Inspiron notebook or Desktop today Nancy Home Ownership 0 September 23rd 04 02:51 PM
Wanted: Used professional desktop lathes? Any Canadian on-line resources? shaun staples Metalworking 9 December 7th 03 10:46 PM